Your least favorite album/albums by your favorite band/bands?

wormwood

Reaction score
zap_elp9.jpg

Apparently Black Moon is even worse, but I wonder if that's possible. Love Beach was a verifiable dog, apparently the product of contractual obligations. A far cry from Brain Salad Surgery that's for sure.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
Bob Dylan - Saved...Somehow, Bob Dylan and Evangelical Christianity did not make for a very good mix.

The Clash - Sandinista!...I was so happy when I found a copy at a used record store, and then so sad when I heard the album.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
John Lennon - Sometime in New York City
Paul McCartney - Press to Play
George Harrison - Dark Horse (although I like the title track)
Ringo Starr - Stop and Smell the Roses
the Beatles - Yellow Submarine (they fixed it with the Songtrack, although they should have included the uncut version of "It's All Too Much" and there was room for George Martin's score).

hawk11

Reaction score
"Wildlife" isn't my favorite Mott album ever but one really strong redeeming quality about it is the song "Waterlow" though. One of Ian's most heartfelt songs and one of my favorite Mott The Hoople tracks.

Everyone is always so mean to "Jazz". I really love that album.

I was really disappointed with Wildlife but agree that "Waterlow" is one of the better tunes along with "Angel Of Eighth Avenue".

As far as "Jazz" goes there are a few songs like "Fat Bottom Girls", "Don't Stop Me Now" and "Dead on Time" that are really good though pretty much didn't care for the album. I much prefer their earlier work (Queen thru News Of The World) than the stuff that came out later.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Hrmm... I can hit this thread a few times.

The very first album that comes to mind for me as a big KISS fan is Unmasked (1980). What a truly pitiful album compared to everything that came before it and everything that came after it.

I will give it credit for ONE thing though, the album cover was cool/comical! ;)

Kiss_Unmasked_Album_Cover.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Oh yeah, another one that comes to mind right away is Metallica's 2003 release, St Anger

Metallica_-_St._Anger_cover.jpg

An absolutely horrible album. A couple of semi-decent tunes surrounded by crap. Its sad and hard to believe that one of THE most important and influential metal bands of all time not only wrote and recorded this, but said "hey, this sounds good enough to release". :wtf:

This album also has the right to claim the title of having THE absolutely worst drum sound of any album ever recorded.

larsdrums.jpg

Anyone who paid for this album not only should have the right to return it for a full refund but also a little something extra for 'damages' due to the pain and suffering endured while listening to this piece of donkey poop.

Peter Norway

Reaction score
I've always thought that Presence was better than In Through the Out Door by a million lightyears personally. :)

Aggghhhh. You just broke my heart. A fellow Zepper who rejects Out Door. I HATE when I bump into you guys. I weep for you. Blasphemer!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online