Your least favorite album/albums by your favorite band/bands?

CheckItOut

Reaction score
The Beatles:
Beatles for Sale

Honestly..I wonder how they even had fans after this one. While there are a few good tracks on it (I'm A Loser, I Don't Want To Spoil The Party, and No Reply come to mind), most of the album is filled with half-assed covers and uninspired originals.

Metallica:
Load

Utter crap. Not only was this album chuck-full of horrid songs (nearly everything besides King Nothing), but it marked the beginning of Metallica's ill fated 'transitional' period (the period beginning with Load lasting until Death magnetic.)

Led Zeppelin:
Presence

Wow. Talk about forgettable.

The Who:
Face Dances

Ultimate proof that Keith Moon was the life and soul of the who.

The Cars:
Panorama

Not a single great song on this album, IMO- The Cars needed to stay an upbeat pop-rock band, not an experimental sound group.

opera races

Reaction score
First album that comes to my mind whenever this subject comes up:

1882963.gif

Boy was it a disappointment. No other way to describe it. My copy on vinyl that I bought back when it was originally released still looks brand new!

CheckItOut

Reaction score

1882963.gif

Boy was it a disappointment. No other way to describe it. My copy on vinyl that I bought back when it was originally released still looks brand new!

I agree with you on this one.

Although Michael Jackson didn't.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I've always thought that Presence was better than In Through the Out Door by a million lightyears personally. :)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Least favourite Ac/dc album, none, there is no such thing as a bad Ac/dc album.

Megadeth my least favourite has to be The World Needs a Hero. Not a bad album but it has got some shit songs.

Deicide, In Torment In hell, sounded rushed and like Deicide just did it to get out of Roadrunner which is actually the case apparently. Don't blame them, Roadrunner makes some bands shit.

Led Zeppelin Coda is probably their weakest album by a long shot, it isn't bad but is far from being great.

Used to not like Blooddrunk but it actually is not a bad album.

Judas Priest Ram It Down - Not a bad album but nothing special either despite what diehard Priest fans say, has some good tunes but otherwise a very bland album.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Well I might as well add some:

Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band - Strictly Personal
Compared to Beefheart's solid debut Safe As Milk. His follow up, Strictly Personal was a huge disappointment.

Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy
With the exception of a couple good songs, this album was highly underwhelming for a Sabbath record in my opinion.

Rush - Caress of Steel
I know a lot of Rush fans will probably disagree with me on this but I just did not care for this album. To me, the only songs that stand out are Bastille Day and Lakeside Park.

Rammstein - Rosenrot
To my ears, this band could not go wrong until they released this snooze of a borefest. IMO, Rosenrot severely lacked the luster and drive that made their previous albums so fantastic.

Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
I was a hardcore NIN fan back in the 90s up into the new millennium. My love for Trent was pure devotion... and then Year Zero came out and lets just say that my love for him and the band all but died. I have never been more disappointed in an album from one of my favorite bands of all time. So needless to say my heart was broken.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Elliott Smith - New Moon

51AaUW4WZaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

cover_134402512008.jpg

Sigur Ros - Von

41aI3j7SRfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Theocracy- Theocracy

theocracy.jpg

Chiodos - All's Well That Ends Well

chiodosdeluxe.jpg

That's all for now.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also to add Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden - That to me is a weak album, really seemed not only rushed but there was way too much filler on it, the songs are only just of decent standard when you look at what they had done prior.

Virtual XI is another that falls in this category, major let down of an album with only a couple of decent tracks.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

1882963.gif

As a whole, yeah, it's not a great album by any means and easily Queen's worst album, which since John Deacon was the one that really pushed to make this a non rock album I think it scared him off of writing songs for the most part after this.

There are a few good songs on this album though and it does hold a little bit of a special place for me because "Under Pressure" introduced me to David Bowie.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online