Your latest Concert DVD/Blu-ray Purchases?

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
Re: Your latest Concert DVD Purchases?

51V9N7VK1RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Bought this at a local flea market this morning for $2.00, Samantha Maloney on the drums, but hey it's The Crue!! Hell Tommy Lee gets on my last nerve anyway, I mean he's a good drummer but they really shouldn't let him have a microphone headset you know what I mean boyyeeee!!!

CREAM'd

Reaction score

I just bought my brother thissvem0053.JPGfor his birthday.:)

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score

I just got THE WHO LIVE AT KILBURN 1977. Its a very interesting performance...the Who had not played together for about a year prior to this, and Moon & Townshend both make a couple of mistakes here and there, although all-in-all, they sound great.

At one point between songs Townshend says something like "This isn't even worth filming" and although I couldn't hear any heckling, he seems to be talking back to some hecklers later on, and seems really pissed off in general. But when they get going on a song, holy smokes, that was a powerful band.

This was the second to last live performance of Moon with the Who, and when Moon talks some, you can tell he was pretty f-ed up. It was filmed with several cameras from several angles for use in The Kids Are Alright, so the visual presentation is way better than average than most vintage concert footage.

There's also an extra disc of a 1969 performance. I haven't watched that yet, but will this weekend...it's roughly form the same period as Live at Leeds, so it's got to be mind-blowing!

rtbuck

Reaction score

I just got THE WHO LIVE AT KILBURN 1977. Its a very interesting performance...the Who had not played together for about a year prior to this, and Moon & Townshend both make a couple of mistakes here and there, although all-in-all, they sound great.

At one point between songs Townshend says something like "This isn't even worth filming" and although I couldn't hear any heckling, he seems to be talking back to some hecklers later on, and seems really pissed off in general. But when they get going on a song, holy smokes, that was a powerful band.

This was the second to last live performance of Moon with the Who, and when Moon talks some, you can tell he was pretty f-ed up. It was filmed with several cameras from several angles for use in The Kids Are Alright, so the visual presentation is way better than average than most vintage concert footage.

There's also an extra disc of a 1969 performance. I haven't watched that yet, but will this weekend...it's roughly form the same period as Live at Leeds, so it's got to be mind-blowing!

That's a great DVD!!! I Love it!

TrekkiELO

Reaction score

Back on August 9th of this year...

electric-light-orchestra-live-the-early-years-18971364.jpeg

Signed,

Rick

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads