Your favourite classic rock radio station(s)

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
totally agree. just because i don't listen to the classic rock station doesn't mean they don't overplay the same 100 or 200 songs they choose from. and that's the problem, classic rock stations have zero diversity

I listen to Q107 in Toronto every day. I'd say the station probably has a play list of 250 songs per week, and it changes on a weekly basis. I'm guessing that well over 5000 different tunes get played per year. That's decent variety.

How many different tunes do you think a radio station needs to play to meet your standards for variety?

:dunno:

Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Davorp:

Well we have been discussing classic rock radio and mentioned a decent number of stations we like.

:dunno:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I appologize Davorp....

I think Davorp just wanted to see what classic rock stations everyone has in their area and what they listen to.

Davorp please clarify what you want in your thread :)

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I was a guest DJ on WZZO/Z95 back in the summer of 1981. I had an hour and opened up with Jeff Beck and Jon Hammer. I also played Cat Stevens and some other stuff from my collection. The technician played the wrong Cat song. For 6 months before that, I was a member of their Listened Advisory Board. I was at the time and was the oldest person on the board. We'd listen to new stuff and vote on it. I doubt anything like that is done now because you either have to listen to joking morons make farts, or computer picked top 80. Radio couldn't be any more morte.

Z95? Are you serious?:D I grew up listening to 'ZZO. I still live in the Lehigh Valley! You?

Flower

retired
Reaction score
WMMR in Philadelphia

This station seems to be highly regarded and Pierre Robert is the DJ who conducted the recent "Exile On Main Street" interview with Charlie Watts, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger ...

Pierre Robert

Most notable in WMMR's current lineup is midday (10:30 a.m.-3 p.m.) host Pierre Robert (pronounced 'row-bear'), one of the nation's most influential rock disc jockeys. In November 2006 Robert celebrated his 25th anniversary at the station. He has held the midday airshift for about 20 of those years, starting his stint at WMMR with a brief stay on the overnight shift and spending March 1993 through June 1996 as host of the morning show.

davorp

Rock on!
Reaction score
I appologize Davorp....

I think Davorp just wanted to see what classic rock stations everyone has in their area and what they listen to.

That's exactly what I wanted in this thread, thank you :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.