Your favourite classic rock radio station(s)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
yeah there's modern rock that gets overplayed, like Muse, Rise Against, Wolf Mother, etc, it also sucks so i don't listen to those stations either.

You don't listen to those stations, but you know it's overplayed?

scratch.gif

Anyway, those bands aren't overplayed in New York....because there are NO modern rock station.

The biggest market in the U.S. and NO modern rock stations?

that speaks volumes about the state of modern rock.

And Muse, Rise Against, Wolf Mother don't have overplayed songs.

Now, Stew Faced Pigs - they're overplayed.

:heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
totally agree. just because i don't listen to the classic rock station doesn't mean they don't overplay the same 100 or 200 songs they choose from. and that's the problem, classic rock stations have zero diversity

Honestly?? Doesn't mean they all do either. But if you don't "listen" to classic rock radio...how is there a "problem"?

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
You don't listen to those stations, but you know it's overplayed?

scratch.gif

Anyway, those bands aren't overplayed in New York....because there are NO modern rock station.

The biggest market in the U.S. and NO modern rock stations?

that speaks volumes about the state of modern rock.

And Muse, Rise Against, Wolf Mother don't have overplayed songs.

Now, Stew Faced Pigs - they're overplayed.

just because im not an active listener of said modern rock station doesn't mean i don't know what goes on. i've listened plenty of times when in a friends car and its because they play the same crap over and over again that i choose not to listen. its a pretty complex process huh?

and if you don't have a modern rock station then how do you know what's overplayed and what isn't? :huh:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Honestly?? Doesn't mean they all do either. But if you don't "listen" to classic rock radio...how is there a "problem"?

the problem is that radio isn't as creative or interesting or wild as it could be. im sure i'm not alone that i choose not to listen to classic rock radio because its so predictable. if they had more variety and selection in their library then a lot of people like us would probably tune in and listen.

i mean how many people here on CRF actually listen daily to a healthy dosage of classic rock radio?

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
just because im not an active listener of said modern rock station doesn't mean i don't know what goes on. i've listened plenty of times when in a friends car and its because they play the same crap over and over again that i choose not to listen. its a pretty complex process huh?

and if you don't have a modern rock station then how do you know what's overplayed and what isn't? :huh:

It can't be overplayed if there isn't a modern rock station!

:lmao:

And you must spend a lot of time in your friend's car to know what modern rock is overplayed.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Oh "when in a car" do you stay in the car 24/7 with your friends??

Listen..as I've said...there is classic station by me that has alot of "special programming" and many that don't. If you were in the radio business then you run it your way. But if it was your job and that is how you fed your family would you..

A.) Play the music that keeps listeners so you have ratings and keep your job.

or

B.) Play a bunch of music no one knows and watch the station go under.

Radio is only designed as a tool to make certain things in life go a little smoother. Like being at the office or getting from point a to point b in your car.

I think it's a distraction to have NEW/RARE music going on as it takes a bit more concentration.That's why SPECIAL programming happens at night time. When one can have at home listening time.

But here is my take on your opinion and this thread.

The author titled this "Your FAVORITE classic rock radio"

What plays the best... whether it be the BEST 100-200 songs or the better variety.

The thread does not say "What is WRONG with classic rock radio"

We know how you feel on the subject. I say don't listen or stay out of your friend's car and tell them you have your own ride. :grinthumb

Flower

retired
Reaction score

elfranco

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I was a guest DJ on WZZO/Z95 back in the summer of 1981. I had an hour and opened up with Jeff Beck and Jon Hammer. I also played Cat Stevens and some other stuff from my collection. The technician played the wrong Cat song. For 6 months before that, I was a member of their Listened Advisory Board. I was at the time and was the oldest person on the board. We'd listen to new stuff and vote on it. I doubt anything like that is done now because you either have to listen to joking morons make farts, or computer picked top 80. Radio couldn't be any more morte.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
i mean how many people here on CRF actually listen daily to a healthy dosage of classic rock radio?

doo dooo doooooo! raises my hand...I do :)

There is only 1 station around here that seems to break the mold on things, it is called Mix. I have listened to that station for days and days, before I will hear a repeat, and that is because they take requests and will play the requested song. They have little commercials, and they will go for two hour sets on tuesdays with no commercial or DJ interruption, *two for tuesday*. They play a wide mix from 50's doowop to modern pop.

Another great station is The Fox...also with few repeats.

Guys it seems that the poeple in Cincy have it going on! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.