Your favourite classic rock radio station(s)

Fever

Reaction score
Since I got Sirius XM I have been listening to it.The stations I listen to the most are 70s on 7,The Boneyard,Classic Vinyl,Classic Rewind ,HairNation and Deep Tracks.But even those repeat the same songs.Occasionally I will check out Octane,Spectrum,60s on 6,80s on 8 and The Bridge.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
I'm usually spinning CD's in my vehicle but for brick and mortar stations, it's the regular local oldies station WRIT FM, WMSE college radio or WKLH Alice Cooper's show in the evenings when I'm wrenching in the garage.

When I'm pounding keys at the electronic box, I'm tuned into internet radio such as The Technicolor Web Of Sound, 3WK Underground, Chicago's 97.1 FM2, The Drive or Beatles -A- Rama: all Beatles, group studio and live plus press conferences and mega solo Beatles as well - 24/7!:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Not really much to choose from in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, but if you are into classic rock, you'd HAVE to be listening to 92-KQRS

Zombeels

Reaction score
It's only ''overplayed'', if you listen to the radio a lot.
No, it's only overplayed if you listen to it for more than one day.
Try turning off the radio, and it won't be overplayed.
Whether he listens to it or not it's still overplayed.

Anyway, how come ''modern rock era'' music doesn't get played out?
Maybe because they don't have some 40 plus years behind many of the songs.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Whether he listens to it or not it's still overplayed.
if a tree falls in the woods and you aren't there to hear it, does it still make a sound?

If a song is played on a radio station that you aren't listening to, is it overplayed and/or annoying?

:tongue:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I have to agree with Lynch. I have a classic rock station out by me that has alot of cool special programming and plays album sides,rare concerts ect.

Though I only listen to radio in the car and listen to music I buy most of the time. But if you're not listening, you don't know for sure. But if you are listening and do know for sure...it can't be all that bad as you're listening.

But this is a "what is your FAVORITE classic rock station" thread, and not a do ALL classic rock stations overplay the same songs thread :cheers2

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
Many moons ago it was WBCN (RIP) in Boston. WBLM up here is ok, and usually what I have on when terrestrial radio is my only choice. They play a lot of the same shit the other CR stations do, but after another station came into the market, the really started playing more obscure stuff, particularly on the overnight.

Fortunately though, I have satellite all over the house, and in both of my vehicles, and that is primarily what I am listening to.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online