Your Favorite Rock/Power Ballad?

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I'm not necessarily a power ballad guy but my favorite is Giving Yourself Away by Ratt.

Otherwise, I'd definitely have to say Warrant. I like nearly all of their power ballads.

If more current bands are permitted, I'd probably say Stop and Stare by One Republic.

Travelin' Man

Reaction score

Great tune! It has Gary Moore's fingerprints all over it.

As for my own submission, I was lucky enough to have seen Boston in 2 different stages of their career. The first was in 1979 when they were at their peak (Sammy Hagar was the warm-up) and the second was in 1996. In the '96 show, Brad Delp, with the sole accompaniment of Tom Sholz at the piano, belted out an absolutely SOARING rendition of A Man I'll Never Be. Not that I had to be sold on Brad's talents, but this one bought the farm for me.

It was utterly superb.

As a person who thinks that "corporate rock" is unfairly and oh too commonly used in reference to this great band, I submit a song that is far from the norm where the "corporate rock" moniker is concerned. It has both heart and soul.

troggy

aka Billy Bubba
Reaction score
I'm sure there are exceptions but, as a rule, I don't like "power" ballads at all.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure there are exceptions but, as a rule, I don't like "power" ballads at all.

No one asked you to read or post in this thread. If you cant offer a ballad for everyone to see, then dont waste your time. I am sure you have better things to do than tell us your negative opinion.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online