Younger Generation

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
Most of us here are from the old classic rock generation, all getting old with our old rock and roll heroes. I never thought that it would happen, but it did. Is there any hope for the future of rock and roll or all the 2000's kids too busy playing video games? :)

First a classic from Woodstock about the younger generation...

Of course times have changed, or have they? :)

Maybe the younger generation is still listening...and learning here in 2016.

A band called Derailed...age 12-14 in 2016...

If you want to give more examples of our children and ? grandchildren carrying on the tradition of rock and roll as we remember it, in their own style of course, go ahead.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I don't know much about modern rock, but I do know that a lot of youngsters still love the classic rock. Heck, I started posting at this web address when I was 13. I'm almost 27 now and we have new 13 year old classic rock fans on here.

oscar gamble

Do The 45
Reaction score
I don't know much about modern rock, but I do know that a lot of youngsters still love the classic rock. Heck, I started posting at this web address when I was 13. I'm almost 27 now and we have new 13 year old classic rock fans on here.

You're almost 27? Time flies.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
You're almost 27? Time flies.

Oops! Actually I'm almost 28. I already am 27. Flubbed it up because I couldn't decide if I wanted to say "I'm 27" or "I'm almost 28" since my birthday is close.

But at least I was close to the right age, this time. Often I'll forget and think I'm still 25! :woot:

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
Saying goodbye with a cool performance by younger people more talented than me...and most of us.

Come together!

This kid is much cooler than Justin Bieber...

Nothing Else Matters (cover) - Marco Kappel

Okay, that's all folks!

Last edited:

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
I'll add one last video. Jon Bon Jovi back in 2013 inviting Marco Kappel on stage to sing in a concert in Germany (Marco is a local German talent). This is a classic rock and roll moment...

How many of us were invited up on stage at age 11 at a major rock concert and ended up singing lead vocal on a big hit? None of us, but Marco did...

Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
Well, maybe one more :)

This is a cool jam from Tracii Gun's 50th Birthday Bash at the Whisky in L.A. where he invited 12 y/o drummer Jagger Alexander from Australia to play onstage. Jagger (named after Mick Jagger) is a future star with all the confidence in the world. His drumming hero is Keith Moon, enough said!

Just watch...

:cheers2

This is a video of Jagger on the drums from 2013 that I always liked...

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think rock and classic rock will live on....

This little girl has been at it since she was 6 years old:

Zoe Thomson at 7....Sweet Child O Mine

Zoe Thomson doing Steve Vai

She now has a band TMB (the mini band) doing live shows all over the continent.....here they were guests with Metallica at the 2015 Reading Festival.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
And this female trio is awesome....

The Warning on Ellen Degeneress playing Crazy Train

how about an insanely good cover of Back in Black (vocals will improve as they mature....lol)

and a Muse cover...showing their multi-instrument talent

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online