Yes to Re-Release ‘Fly From Here’ LP With New Vocals

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Yes.jpg

Yes fans will gather together to celebrate the band's 50th anniversary next month, and among the goodies the group has planned for the convention will be Fly From Here - Return Trip, a limited-edition version of their 2011 album with new lead vocals performed by producer Trevor Horn, who also remixed the record.

Horn, who also founded the Buggles (the group that recorded "Video Killed the Radio Star"), had previously sung lead for Yes on their 1980 album, Drama. Horn produced the original Fly From Here LP, which included songs he had written for an abandoned Buggles record.

The 2011 album was the only Yes studio album to feature lead vocals by Benoit David, who took over for Jon Anderson in 2008 after the band's longtime singer had to bow out of a tour due to respiratory issues. David had previously sung in a Yes tribute band called Close to the Edge. He also appeared on In the Present – Live From Lyon.

David remained with the group for another year, but then had respiratory issues of his own and was replaced by Jon Davison, who remains the band's singer.

The Yes U.K. Fan Convention will take place at the London Palladium on March 24-25, the same days the band will be playing the venue to close out their British tour. In addition to being able to purchase Fly From Here - Return Trip, fans will be able to take a bus tour of London that visits sites crucial to the band's history, see displays of Yes memorabilia and Roger Dean's artwork and take part in question-and-answer sessions with special guests, including Dean.

A portion of the money taken in by the convention will be donated to the Christie Hospital in Manchester and Kangaroos, a charity for special needs and disabled children. You can learn more about the weekend and shows at Yes' official website.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
This could actually be interesting. Drama was an underrated album and Fly From Here was taken from material written mostly by Horn back in the day.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the original version of "Fly from here" and I'm definitely curious to hear it with new vocals, but I fear that it's going to be difficult to get hold of a copy, with them dropping it at the Yes U.K. Fan Convention and it being limited.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the original version of "Fly from here" and I'm definitely curious to hear it with new vocals, but I fear that it's going to be difficult to get hold of a copy, with them dropping it at the Yes U.K. Fan Convention and it being limited.

:wa:wa:wa:wa:wa:wa:wa:wa

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No thanks I like the original.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members