Yazoo (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Yazoo was formed in late 1981 by Vince Clarke and Alison Moyet in Basildon, Essex, England. Clarke was previously the main songwriter and keyboard player for Depeche Mode, who also came from Basildon and who at that point had recorded one album and three singles for Mute Records, including the hits "New Life" and "Just Can't Get Enough".

I love Alison Moyet's voice :grinthumb

Yazoo Official Website
Yazoo on Wikipedia

Albums:

Upstairs At Eric's *1982*

You And Me Both *1983*

Only You

Situation

Don’t Go

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Re: Yazoo

As far as it goes YAZOO [ or YAZZ as they were known in the US ] were one of the best synthpop bands of the 80s .
Great stuff Sunny .....even I own the excellent "Upstairs at Erics" album on vinyl plus a few singles.:grinthumb. I still play it now and again and still sounds good.
Yazoo only made 2 albums both VERY commercial successful in the UK and had a moderate success in the US ....but a few years after.
Vocalist Alison Moyet ,as you say Sunny has a great voice went solo, while Vinny Clarke continued with The Assembly , then ERASURE . Strangely the vocalist from ERASURE had a vocal style that mimicked Alison Moyets
The track" Situation" remains a dancefloor classic.....not bad for a song that was originally a flipside. The song has been remixed a 1000 times and sampled etc .

Nobody's Diary

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online