Register to remove these ads

X Japan (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by Cosmic Harmony, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Re: X Japan

No kidding, they are gorgeous. I was reading that the most beautiful one is owned by Lenny Kravitz...but I haven't found a picture of it :(

2. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

This isn't the best angle but it's a picture none the less...

[​IMG]

3. Kuaizi

Kuaizi Senior Member

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like this track!! :grinthumb

I think it's a shame this won't chart... it's just not that garbage pop that is dominating the charts these days. :pullhair:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  4. Cosmic Harmony

Wouldn't it be such delightful surprise if it actually did chart?. Who knows, if CAKE can debut at #1 with their new album then I think anything is possible. :D

5. Cosmic Harmony

X Japan released their lead single from their upcoming album (which is supposed to be coming out in late summer) earlier this month.

Scarlet Love Song

It's very beautiful piano ballad that has a little bit of Bjork vibe to me with the echoing percussion that lays under the music (kind of like "All Is Full Of Love" or "Joga"). It's also kind of reminiscent of "The Last Song", which was supposed to be their song...thankfully it wasn't. I also think this track with sound extra pretty as a part of the whole album. Just my guess...

6. Cosmic Harmony

For those of you who actually plan on watching the Golden Globes on the 15th, Yoshiki is going to composing the theme for it:

“Yoshiki is a world-renowned musician and composer of enormous talent and versatility, who in addition to being a rock superstar has composed for film and television,” said Dr. Takla-O’Reilly. “As an international organization dedicated to creative achievements, the HFPA is delighted to have a global musical artist of Yoshiki’s stature create the theme for the show.”

“The Golden Globe Awards are extremely prestigious, but the show is also edgy,” said Yoshiki, who attended the awards presentation for the first time last year. “I’m a classical pianist and a rock drummer, so it was natural to create something beautiful that also has an edge.”
    Yoshiki, considered Asia’s most influential music artist and biggest rock icon, is also a songwriter, drummer, and a classically-trained pianist. His rock group X Japan has sold 30-million singles and albums combined and filled the 55,000-seat Toyko Dome a record 18 times. Now the band’s popularity is spreading throughout the world, having recently completed a sold-out World Tour, performing in North America, Europe, Latin America, and South East Asia. In 1999, Yoshiki composed a piano concerto and performed it with a 77-piece orchestra to celebrate the tenth year of the Emperor of Japan’s reign. In 2005, Yoshiki composed the theme song and conducted the Super World Orchestra at the opening ceremony of the World Expo. Previously, Yoshiki also recorded a classical album co-produced and arranged by acclaimed Beatles producer Sir George Martin and performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra.

You can read the full article here....YOSHIKI TO COMPOSE GOLDEN GLOBES THEME | OFFICIAL WEBSITE of the HFPA and the GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS

7. 2LITTLETIME

2LITTLETIME Senior Member

I like this band and really need to obtain more-Ive only got downloads at the mo.I was researching the band on wiki last month .

8. returner

returner Junior Member

Anyone heard of X Japan?

Legendary rockband X Japan (no really, go watch this vid on youtube) will be premiering a rock documentary at Sundance on 1/23, made by the same guy who made the Rolling Stones Documentary, Stephen Kijak.

[​IMG]

These guys have been rocking since the late 80s, selling 30million records, filling the Tokyo Dome 18 times (that fills 50,000 people each show). Yeah, these guys are a BIG DEAL!

They have a cult following all around the world and especially here in the states. Unsurprisingly through, the eastern rock and metal scene is way under-appreciated over here in the west (cough, racism, cough)

Anyway, these guys have so much talent and so much ****ing drama in their career... not drug stuff, but like physical injuries and death of a member, and disbandment, reuniting... I have no doubt the documentary will be extreme and, thanks to the music they've made and what they've done, ****ing exciting!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
  9. Vader

Vader Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars

I've heard of them ...heard them.. but not into them. It's probably because I'm a racist bastard.
    Oh yeah, no that's not it, It's because I think they suck. BTW, I'm a big fan of Blues Creation ( awesome 70s cross between Purple & Sabbath ) Flower Traveling Band (70s) Ritual Carnage ( Death Metal ) and others that hail from the land of the rising sun. These guys are just not my thing... race card is WAY over played.

10. returner

returner Junior Member

Oh come on. Props on you liking bands from over there but you're an exception to the standard, my friend. You're free not to like X Japan (they've been my favorite band for 8 years now); anyone is, and not be a racist for it, obviously... but to say the race card is over-played is a bit like living under a rock.

"the eastern rock and metal scene is way under-appreciated over here in the west"

My stance still stands, but thanks for your input anyways. :flirt