Would you like to see David Coverdale Record an Album With Glenn Hughes?

Hailey Sheridon

Reaction score
I like all the different line ups of Deep Purple but my favourite is mkIII and mkIV with Glenn Hughes and David Coverdale. Burn and Stormbringer were awesome and Come Taste the Band was okay but it was kinda lacking compared to the previous two albums. I would love David Coverdale to record a new album with Glenn Hughes and I don’t understand why they haven’t done one. Their voices were so good together on tracks like Sail Away and I know they could never use the Deep Purple name to record another album ‘cause Ian Gillan, Roger Glover and Ian Paice are using it but they could call it a new name like Coverdale Hughes and get somebody like Bernie Marsden to play guitar.

Has anybody ever asked David or Glenn about this?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me, although both Coverdale with Whitesnake and Hughes with Black County Communion seem to be busy with those projects right now.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
That'd be great! I'd take a Hughes Turner Project styled project with these two over a new Whitesnake or Black Country Communion album, tbh.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Just as long as Glenn Hughes doesn't sing. Deep Purple MK3 reunion with Blackmore too would be insane.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online