Worst song(s) by some of your favorite artists

aspiesynnielexi

Reaction score
I nominate the entire Live it Up album by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. I love that group, but that album is one of the worst things I've heard by ANYONE. They were trying to be pop, and they failed miserably. Awful.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Nazareth - Madeleine - from the worst album they ever recorded

Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan - jazz? Not for me.

Rainbow - I Surrender - it's just a song, nothing else!

Uriah Heep - Come Away Melinda - urgh, just get on with it!

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Heart - All I Wanna Do.. Brutal. I hate this song like no other.

Rush - Dog Years. Terrible.

Van Halen - Love Walks In. What happened to this band??

Kink Floyd

Reaction score
Kinks - "only a dream" from phobia. Actually every song from that album is a runner up.
Byrds - We'll come back home, and their cover of times are a-changin is really bad...
Beatles - Wait
Rolling Stones - I got the blues
The Police - Mother
The Animals - Winds Of Change. Everything else from that album is up for running.

Fast Eddie

Reaction score
I'm going to bump this thread with my own contribution, because this is a fun topic.

So far I've seen no mention of the travesty that is "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper"...

OK, really. The first time I heard this song, I had to check the turntable to make sure nothing was wrong with the LP. It sounds like they're on different floors of a building, doing individual soundchecks. Through tin cans. With help from three-year-olds. And with instruments they bought from Wal-Mart. THAT'S how they decided to end the great Led Zeppelin III?!? Seriously?!?

...but maybe I just don't "get it." Ah, well.
its not one of their better songs but i really appreciate jimmy pages guitar work on this one...

its a bit like robert johnson meets elmore james...

homage to the old country blues from zep:bow:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
One of Neil Young's greatest assets is his bluntness. He's a straight-shooter, no bullcrap, he speaks the truth. However.... there are times when he manages to become quite a bit too blunt. Here's a song off of one of my favorite albums ever made.... I always skip it.

Though to be fair, this is the Complex Sessions version, which I like a little bit more. It's a smidgen warmer and groovier.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online