Worst song(s) by some of your favorite artists

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
The thread title says it all.

What is the worst song (or songs) by some of your favorite artists?

You can include popular songs of theirs that you hated. Say Love In An Elevator by Aerosmith, for example. Then again, there are always the ill-advised singles that made it onto radio/video, seemed like a good idea at the time to the band but the public response to those singles was mostly negative.

Another idea is really dull album filler tracks that landed with a thud, stuff that just slows down the momentum of an album. That would obviously be stuff that was probably never played live by the band or released as a single. Perhaps something like Deep Purple's Mad Dog or AC/DC's Go Zone meets that criteria.

Then you always have the luxury of using later day songs by a given artist.

With that said, my opinion is the more liberal you are with artists the better. The thread asks for your "favorite" artists. However, I would hope that you'd also include artists who aren't your all-time favorites but those that you listen to at least casually.

Fever

Reaction score
Second Chance by .38 Special.Recorded by them after Don Barnes left and Max Carl(now in Grand Funk) joined the band
Sad thing is that Barnes is back in the band and they still play Second Chance as part of a medley.

Fever

Reaction score
Styx-Babe,Don't Let It End,Show Me The Way
Foreigner-I Want To Know What Love Is,Waiting For A Girl Like You
REO Speedwagon-Can't Fight This Feeling

Bryan Adams-numerous songs but will start with Heaven,whatever song that was that he did with Sting and Rod Stewart.Also (Everything I Do) I Do It For You, and I Finally Found Someone w/Barbra Streisand.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Every time you run around it makes me wanna .... vomit.

This song is an abomination.

:heheh:

devo_bp.jpg

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Led Zeppelin D'yer Mak'er
Led Zeppelin The Crunge
both on the same cd

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Future Kings- Gogol Bordello
Do It!- Meat Loaf
My World- Guns N' Roses
Body Language- Queen
As I Am- Dream Theater

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
Emotional Rescue by the Stones. I hate Mick's singing on this one.

Joe's Garage by Zappa. A lot of people love this one, but I've always thought it was fairly pedestrian...that kinda goes for the whole album, actually.

Ha Ha Said the Clown by the Yardbirds (the singer Keith Relf is the only actual Yardbird performing on this track). I really HATE this song! Its beyond description. Sad that it was their last single to chart.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online