World Party / Karl Wallinger

Terra812

Reaction score
karl1.jpg

Karl Wallinger was a member of The Waterboys for two albums... A Pagan Place and This Is the Sea.

He left The Waterboys to form World Party in 1986.

World Party is a British pop / alternative rock band, which is essentially the solo project of Karl Wallinger. He sings and plays most of the instruments himself, using multitracking to create the studio sound.

Wallinger suffered a brain aneurysm in February 2001. Which left him unable to speak. After a five year recovery proccess he began to tour again in 2006.

World Party Studio Albums:

* Private Revolution (1986)
* Goodbye Jumbo (1990)
* Bang! (1993)
* Egyptology (1997)
* Dumbing Up (2000)

wp-covers.jpg

This song has a special place in my heart. (It encompassed my little hippie chick.)

Sunshine

Give it all away - Has one of my favorite lyric lines.
"Hypocrites and zealots are struggling for the throne.
King and queens and presidents younger than the Stones."

Karl helped produce Sinéad O'Connor's 1987 debut album. Here she is backing vocals for World Party's debut in 1986... gotta love her dancing :D

Private Revolution

Released in 2008 Karl and Peter Gabriel were the Big Blue Ball's project's originators... 17 years in the making...

Whole Thing

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! I listened to the 2008 video, and this guy has made a remarkable recovery and comeback.

This is a new artist for me, so I did some reading on Karl. He basically was a one man band for World Party, amazing! I will definitely check more of his work out. I really like the folksy feel to his music :tup:

Terra812

Reaction score
I never saw your post in this thread Magic. I thought this just got buried with no love. I just popped in to get a link. I really enjoy Karl's work. I hope you are now also :cheers2

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I never bought the albums but got a good few CD singles... maybe these artists need time to mature, as it all sounds very dated, or others appeal.. anyways this one I liked enough to divert on the way home from a gruelling day on the concrete mixer.
Ship Of Fools .

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online