Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Holy Smokes....is that you Sunny??

:grinthumb

I like Wolfgang, but I have a few others I rate higher. I do have all of his symphonies, piano concertos, and assorted bits and pieces, but none of his opera music seeing Jackory has not converted me to the cause yet.

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
:(

Just wait...the day will come when you find yourself singing a robust rendition of The Ride of the Valkyries in the shower and you'll stop and say, "Wow, if jac hadn't come along..."

Mozart is great, but yeah, I'm like you. I like a few others better...mainly Gustav Mahler and Beethoven.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Holy Smokes....is that you Sunny??

:grinthumb

I like Wolfgang, but I have a few others I rate higher. I do have all of his symphonies, piano concertos, and assorted bits and pieces, but none of his opera music seeing Jackory has not converted me to the cause yet.

:heheh: Yes, it's me! I don't listen to a lot of classical music but I went to a concert not long ago at the Opera House to see Arabella Steinbecker the German violinist playing Mozart and was very impressed :tongue: I also like some of Elgar's music - very soothing :zzz:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Elgar is good, I have a few of his CD's...and classical can be soothing too.:mn:

Jackory I have the Ring now, with singing, the problem is always Time for everything. But I will try to listen to the whole thing with no bias, probably a glass of good wine in my hand too.:D

Kink Floyd

Reaction score
His German Dance is stuck to my head as I've been listening to alot his lately.

I would have to agree with Jackory and Grendel, there are other's that I like/rate better than Mozart, like Handel. But as a Composer of Opera's, he's one of my favorites. Can't go wrong with The Marriage of Figaro...

mystic fred

Reaction score
I have heard said that MacCartney was Mozart and Lennon was Beethoven..or Mahler - i love them all but can see what the saying means, one light and commercial, one dark and moody, sometimes menacing.

Mozart's genius was staggering - his symphony writing began at a very early age and by his death had become bigger and grander, who knows what great works were in the making, but like many composers of his or any age they had to put bread on the table and commercial compositions litter his works -sonatas, operas, symphonies, concertos - though not to demean any of them, they are all brilliant!

Personal favourites include the late symphonies, the Violin concertos and of course "Eine Kleine Nacht Musik".

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am more a Beethoven fan myself, but some of Mozart's pieces are brilliant. The "Jupiter" and "Haffner" (#41 & #35) symphonies are the two I play the most.

One thing about Mozart I have never forgotten, when he wrote his music he didn't do any rough drafts, he would simply write them out once and that was it. That is genius as far as I'm concerned, being able to hear everything perfectly in his mind and putting it on paper without any rewrites,,,staggering.:bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online