Woe Is Me: Dangerous Toys vs Motley Crue

Motley Crue "Flush" vs Dangerous Toys "Promise the Moon"

• Dangerous Toys: Promise The Moon (1994)

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Motley Crue: Flush (1997)

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
In the 1980's, the hair band genre was riding high. The bands and their members were full of confidence, cockiness and good times.

In the 1990's, times were a little more lean. Disillusioned, disappointed and hurt, some of these artists took their frustrations into song.

Here at the top, we have Dangerous Toys with a tune from their 1994 studio album, Pissed. This was the second single, Promise the Moon.

Here, the general theme seems to be being lied to and turned on by people.

Next is Motley Crue from their 1997 reunion album Generation Swine with a little ditty called Flush.

Here, you have Vince Neil pondering whether life is worth living or if he would just rather die. Complete with a very un-Motley Crue like music track.

Sorry for the cheesy background and vague video title, since this was the only version of the song currently up on YouTube.

MOTLEY CRUE: FLUSH

So have at it. Take a good listen to the lyrics. Who is throwing the better pity party? Motley Crue or the Dangerous Toys.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Motley Crue,,,don't know much about the other band admittedly.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dangerous Toys.....most excellent pity party *songs not bad either*

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Motley Crue,,,don't know much about the other band admittedly.

Texas hair metal band with 4 studio albums and the usual mish-mash of compilations. Their first two albums sold gold in the US. I should look for a thread from them. They are more of a Faster Pussycat style.

I can always count on you to keep my threads from flopping :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Motley Crue for me, I always liked Motley Crue

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I was never a fan of Crue's until a few months ago, a bunch of forum friends finally convinced me to pick up their two best albums. They have made Edmonton a second home the last while, played at least 4 or 5 concerts over the last 3 years, so I guess they still have fans up here.:D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've yet to see them live, but i've heard good things about their live performances. So I can only assume that they put on a good show. They come here quite a bit from what I remember. I could be thinking of a different band entirely though.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
The Motely Crue album is terrible....Dangerous Toys first album is kick ass Southern hard rock/ metal anything but hair metal but they went down hill as well

Still gotta go with Toys

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I was never a fan of Crue's until a few months ago, a bunch of forum friends finally convinced me to pick up their two best albums. They have made Edmonton a second home the last while, played at least 4 or 5 concerts over the last 3 years, so I guess they still have fans up here.:D

I like the first two alot .I even like Theater of Pain ( OK ) Girls Girls Girls ( better ) and Doctor Feel Good but after that most of their stuff is pretty lame for the most part IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online