Wintersun

Harkat

Reaction score
like mixing onion and tomato, they're good till the guy sings

Im sorry but I very much disagree with you
I was gonna say why I think opposite to you but listening to a live version ... he could do with some work

Harkat

Reaction score
*bump*

FINALLY, it's reported on their site that their new album will be out in 2012.

This better happen. We've waited long enough.

I have better news!!!!
WINTERSUN :: View topic - Time album is progressing-Album update 24.sept.2008

Land of Snow and Sorrow is complitely finished. Storm and Silver Leaves are about to be done soon. There´s still plenty to go with the other songs, but clearly the victory is near. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I hope it´s not a train though `cause the mix is still big question mark, I don´t know if my Mac can handle it.

There you have it!! August 2010 and they can see the end!
I am going to jump the gun and say it will be out next year, hopefully early next year

Till then, quench your thirst with some Jari Mäenpää solos!:

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
Ooh, another band I have to look into, I'll have to check if I added them to the list I gave my mates to download for me :)

Harkat

Reaction score
Yea, these guys only have one album out and thats their self titled one.
They have also been working on their next album Time since 2006.
Jari has been very dedicated to producing something absolutely top quality, so thats why its taking so long.
I read a post of his saying how he has enough stuff for 10 albums, it seems he is being a perfectionist on this album! :grinthumb

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score
Shit, that is dedication :)

Can't wait to listen to some anyway, my laptop's getting too shit for Youtube to work properly nowadays :(

Harkat

Reaction score
Yea these guys are dedication, I hope they come out with something utterly amazing!!

Harkat

Reaction score
I found this about Wintersun

Comments the man himself; "We agree to play a few shows and show people that Wintersun is still alive. So after carefully weighing all the different possibilies, we think we need to play these shows to help the completion of the album. For now it will be four shows, three of them happening at Metalfest Germany, Austria and Switzerland. There´s lot of work and preparation to do for these shows, 'cause we have to update our live gear as well, sort out technical difficulties and of course rehearse the songs. This will most likely negatively affect the mixing schedule, so I can't give any predictions with that yet, but at the end of December this year I should be able to finally start mixing our new album."

So its looking like their next album "Time" will be complete very soon! :grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score
EVEN BETTER NEWS!!!!!!!
Wintersun .: Official Homesite
I´ve been working very hard with the synths&orchestrations and I can finally say that I´m feeling very positive about finishing this long and gruesome task by christmas. So hopefully around the end of December I can finally start mixing the album. I still have a few vocal parts unfinished, but I will be singing them meanwhile I´m mixing.

Looking at early next year!!!!!!!!
WOOOT!!
I am so looking forward to this!!! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online