Paul Taylor – Rhythm Guitar, Keyboards
Cenk Eroglu – Rhyrhm Guitar, Keyboards

Discography

Winger (1988)
In the Heart of the Young (1990)
Pull (1993)
IV (2006)
Karma (2009)

Winger originally specialized in the stylish pop-metal that sent Bon Jovi and Poison to the top of the charts. Both their S/T 1988 debut and it's follow-up, 1990's In the Heart of the Young went Platinum in the US. The band may be just as famous as the subject of constant ridicule in MTV's animated series Beavis and Butt-head during the mid-1990s.​

I'm going to start though with their most recent album since far fewer people are familiar with the newer material. 2009's Karma is another turn of events all together. It shows a band that not only has a firm grip on the future but also recognizes the past and manages to meld the two into a ten track attack of music that borders on the par excellence. Every component is exceptional, the performances, the songwriting, even the production. If they intended to go for the jugular, they certainly have accomplished it and in style.​

wingerkarma.jpg

Deal With The Devil

Stone Cold Killer

Big World Away

Pull Me Under

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice OP TUNEZ, just putting my marker in here for now so I remember to check it out more thoroughly tomorrow.;)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I only have one CD by Winger...In The Heart Of The Young. I look forward to hearing more.

51G%2BrYZCNHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Easy Come Easy Go

Last edited:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Tunez, nice entry writeup. :)

Winger was a HELL of a good and fun band. Technically they were actually a lot better than their Beavis & Butthead 90's reputation gives them. Reb Beach was one hell of a guitar player. Kip a good singer/frontman as well as bassist. They really hit a decent variety of tunes. Some with the radio-friendly hooks, some with the always popular "power ballads". The songs on their first couple of albums that didn't get any airplay are also pretty damn cool.

Will have to come back and post a couple of lesser known tunes of theirs later.

:grinthumb

Lynch

Reaction score
I only have one CD by Winger...In The Heart Of The Young. I look forward to hearing more.

My favorite song off of that album was the lead-off track, Can't Get Enuff

(nice vid too! :D)

Another cool track off of this album was the power ballad, Miles Away

gah.gif ... ugh, I hate it when people disable embedding on youtube. Well, you will have to go to YT to watch either of these. :rolleyes: (worth it though)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I remember when Headed for a Heart ache hit MTV.. I was like who in the hell is this!! So Winger became one of my well liked bands..
I had a girlfriend who was over in Japan working for a radio station and she had the chance to interview Kip before his concert.. She actually cut his hair for him and I have pictures of them together..
Pretty cool guy..
But honestly.. I havn't listen to much Winger these days.. I would rather spin some Cinderella or Wildside..

Lynch

Reaction score
^^^ at the very least, you owe it to yourself to spin those first two albums... both just OOOZING with 80's goodness. :grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Anyone who ever thought that these guys were all looks and no musicianship HAS to hear this song...PRONTO!

Rainbow in the Rose

:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online