Windham Hill and other New Age artists

Terra812

Reaction score
I didn't know where else to put this thread and feel that this category best suits it.

I've always had a fondness for classical music. It was played in my home alot as a kid... Mozart, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Strauss... So when I discovered "New Age" music it was quite a joy... not only to my ears but to my dad's as well :tup: I was no longer living at home but would make him mix tapes that he would rave over... it felt good to finally turn him on to something he would enjoy.
The Windham Hill label released many great artists... George Winston, Liz Story, Alex De Grassi, Will Ackerman, Jim Brickman and Shadowfax to name a few... a couple of other artists I really got into were Andreas Vollenweider, Mannheim Steamroller and Cusco...

Well since I've never really been that good at writing I won't attempt to write reviews... I'll let your ears decide

Sorry didn't think this music fit under the blues/jazz cat... just felt it needed some love somewhere:good

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I love Classical music myself Terra, nice to have another fan in here.

Your thread is fine, this section needs some new additions, I've been neglecting it something terrible the last while.

I am not familiar with most of the artists you posted, Vollenweider I've heard before though...I'll give them a proper going over when I have more time.

YKeeren

Reaction score
This is a GREAT thread!! I too love Classical music as well as the Windham Hill Record label!! Terra, those are great pieces of music. Did you know that Founder Will Ackerman has been producing a new generation of artists?!!

The Gathering

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Are we basing this thread on this one label or New Age in general???

If so, my most recent purchase has been FREUD...LOVE this CD!!

Time Passangers is the name of the disc!!

Skies Above Loveland

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning
Some help required please: there is or was a pianist who recorded for Wyndham Hill called Fred Simon (I think that was his name) who recorded some atmospheric and jazz/new age music a few years ago. Been trying to track down his back catalogue and although he's got a web site I'd be grateful for some recommendations from members.

Any help appreciated :cheers2

Khor1255

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I consider most of this stuff classical music but this guy was always my favorite Windam Hill musician.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online