• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Metal Health

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed, rock isn't as popular as it used to be. Rap and pop have taken over and people have ignored rock. We all want our music back but, let's be honest, can rock make a comeback?:think:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
The newer vinyl craze has brought it back somewhat, as has stuff like Guitar Hero and things like that. My thought about it is this: YOU hafta keep it alive within yourself. Keep carrying that flag for rock. I'm a bigger fan of rock right now than I ever have been in my life and I was a HUGE fan as a teenager 30+ years ago. I kept it alive within myself and didn't waiver despite whatever new fads came along, and there have been so many over the last few decades. That's it. Carry the torch for the next generation. Rock needs younger fans who love the old stuff cuz nobody wants to hear the opinions from an old fart like me.

You, my son, must convert the masses!!:mp:

Metal Health

Reaction score
Or you can! We need help. I've been wanting to start a rock band but can't find members my age. That's my problem. I can't find rock fans so everybody just thinks I'm crazy.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't need to comeback because in my opinion its never gone away to begin with.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Rock and Roll, Metal, Prog, Punk, Psychobilly....it all lives on and is going strong @ my house!! Much to the annoyance of my disgruntled neighbor :heheh:

:oy:

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Or you can! We need help. everybody just thinks I'm crazy.

oh, I have been turning people onto the good stuff for years, my work is never done. I make CD's for people all the time (I used to make cassettes too back in the day) and I always see young rock fans at the local record stores and I show them some great stuff they've never heard before. And yes, all the young-uns who I work with think I'm crazy too. Comes with the territory.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
I see even teenage girls wearing Iron Maiden etc shirts here where I live.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I also think most of the great rock bands go about their business and make great music. They went through all the bad stuff long ago, learned their lesson, and moved on to make even greater music. They don’t get into much trouble anymore so they are not newsworthy like Bieber and Miley. (Sorry I mentioned them in the same paragraph with the real rockers) :rolleyes:

Metal Health

Reaction score
oh, I have been turning people onto the good stuff for years, my work is never done. I make CD's for people all the time (I used to make cassettes too back in the day) and I always see young rock fans at the local record stores and I show them some great stuff they've never heard before. And yes, all the young-uns who I work with think I'm crazy too. Comes with the territory.

I am currently trying to convert my friend who LOVES rap. Very sad. I have given him a list of songs that I think are the best. He hates them all. He just refused to let me give him any more to listen to. Any tips?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online