Will Blues Die?

Reaction score
The blues will not die. You know it won't based on one simple fact. The simplest blues progressions are still used as the basis of a lot of music today. Its hard to find one rock artist who hasn't at one point recorded, played, or jammed to a 12 bar. Its a strange genre, it won't die because there's still a lot untapped, its so simple, but it has limitless possibilities and potential to play around with. As long as we play rock, we will play blues.

ya but rock n roll is pretty much dead too, theres been a tiny bit of a comeback thanks to the superbowl pputtin tom petty up there and the stones, and the black crowes playin very classic sounding music, but honestly i think music is dead, when was the last time somethin was released that just had sooo much passion put in and the way it just hit was a complete but wonderful slap in the face

davinci

Reaction score
It's just not mainstream. Doesn't mean it's dying. I don't think the profit is there for the big companies to get involved. But, go to any blues festival and it's always crowded.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Heck no! Blues are still very much alive.

With guys like Johnny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shephard how can anyone say the blues is dying!

Johnny Lang~Lie to me

KWS~Blue and Black

just some trivia! KWS is married to one of Mel Gibson's Daughters, I wonder what he thinks about his inlaws splitting up?!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Like many genres the Blues has peaks and valleys, but it is part of the musical landscape and will always attract fans.

Mel Gibson is mentally defective in my opinion,,,he is talented and wealthy but he is also a world class Twat...:tongue:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I'm doing my best to keep the blues alive with my purchases. Money talks.

:grinthumb

And Fat Possums rule. Them and Alligators and Chess players!

:heheh:

Last edited:

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Blues will continue. However, the root influences of the Blues are fading out.

Before I hear a new musician's original tunes I like to see how they handle standards like "Mannish Boy" or "Killin' Floor."

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online