1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Blues Die?

Discussion in 'Blues & Jazz' started by newdawnfades, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Senior Member

The nice thing about being sentient beings is our ability, and our right, to enjoy what we choose to. For instance...if the only music available was country I`d have an eerily quiet house heh heh heh. :D

2. newdawnfades

newdawnfades Senior Member

The funny thing with me is that I love music so much that if country was the only thing available i'd probably be listening to it. That would be a scary plane in Hell though.

3. Drummer Chris

Drummer Chris Senior Member

I like some country music, but my tastes are more insrumental, like pedal steel guitar, "chicken-pickin" style 6 string and some country drum-beats .Country-style singing, like Ronnie Van Zant's drawling voice and other singers like Tammy Wynnette , Lorretta Lynn, Patsy Cline are great to hear a few times a month.
    Those were the real talents in Country Music to me though Skynyrd was mostly a blues-rock band.

4. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

blues is actually knida makin a comeback in a form

john mayer had a lot to do with it as bad as he sucks, his music is blues influenced, but it blows so bad lol

and im noticin a lot more blues groups comin out and actually gettin recognition

5. lostnthought

lostnthought Junior Member

I don't think John Mayer sucks, he's really quite good. But I agree that blues is making a come back. I just saw an amazing 16 yr old blues singer on the Today show.. The name escapes me, but for his age, he was amazing. Now, what a 16 year old has the blues for is beyond me, I guess getting grounded is pretty depressing.

6. billtjr51

billtjr51 Senior Member

Blues has never gone away to have to make a comeback. You will not hear much on your local AM/FM radio stations(at least around here). But there are still blues clubs and many blues musicians. It is alive and well, but you have to go to it because blues is generally not mainstream music to the average music listener. Granted you will hear some on the radio from some rock artists like Clapton, Page, Beck, etc. and some blues musicians like Stevie Ray Vaughn. But most of the blues artist are not played on the local radio stations. There are many many good blues artists still jamming!

7. Starlaxus

Starlaxus Starlaxus

8. eberg15101

eberg15101 Senior Member

well hell ya gettin grounded is depressing, think back to when you were sixteen, ahahah seriously thoe, i just like playin it on guitar(im 16) and its just so nice to put as much feelin as you can into it ya know, but ugh i hate john mayer, but we also got homework and school to have the blues for......:wa:

9. rollingstoned

rollingstoned Queens of the Stone Age

10. Ramadookis

Ramadookis Junior Member

The blues will not die. You know it won't based on one simple fact. The simplest blues progressions are still used as the basis of a lot of music today. Its hard to find one rock artist who hasn't at one point recorded, played, or jammed to a 12 bar. Its a strange genre, it won't die because there's still a lot untapped, its so simple, but it has limitless possibilities and potential to play around with. As long as we play rock, we will play blues.