Will Blues Die?

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Well, maybe they'll discover it in a few years....I wanted to rock hard in my early 20's as well and Zep, ACDC, Sabbath and others filled that need....although Tea for One, Since Ive been Loving You, and I Can't Quit You Babe are slow blues numbers by Zep.
What do you think about those songs,Energy Dude?

newdawnfades

Reaction score
Alot of times it's a question of accessibility. What's most accessible? Is there any other explanation for the fact that Ashlee Simpson is still at the top of the charts? Or why many fans of Rock don't listen to Blues or Jazz?

The style, the production, the context, are all more accessible and thus you'll have someone who settles on Rock without ever exploring the types of music that lay beneath.

energydude

Banned
Reaction score
Today, 03:19 AM #49
Music Wench
Rock and Roll Grandma

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjammer
That's where your rock and roll came from

Funny how kids these days don't know any history - regular history or musical even. LOL

www.flyingfunkradio.com

i don't think it is funny we just wanna live in the present not the old past, i mean do you wanna hear some dude hit rocks together cuz that was "music" before the blues, i am down with it if ya dig it, but no need to dis me cuz i ain't, i mean it is 2006, ya know

Big Generator

Reaction score
I've listened to loads of blues albums and have therefore explored the roots or orgins of rock music to some extent...and it was interesting....but in the end I'm just not feeling the blues. And it now seems to be a thoroughly exhausted genre.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
I`d say that the blues is alive and well, and even drawing more fans every day. I live in western NY, and on any given night a short trip up the thruway to Buffalo...there are a TON of blues clubs and sometimes just getting in the door can be a job. The sweet thing is, once in the door, you see a huge diversity in the ages and races of the fans. The thing about the blues that`s always drawn me is that it isn`t about hearing the music, though I do, it`s about FEELING the music. I myself have been in a couple of club bands...never any really good ones, but aside from quiet time with my sweetheart I`m never happier than when I`m involved in a little music-making. I`ve introduced a lot of people to this particular genre, and even my 21 year old daughter has become a fan. I don`t think it`s a responsibility to push the blues, but if I can get just one person to listen a bit, I believe the music will do the job. I know that I didn`t really get into it until I was about 25...and I was a classic rock only type then. Since my introduction to the blues, I`ve been led to a lot of other genres as well. I think we`ll see a steady, solid, blues scene for a long time to come. I hope so...and have no reason not to believe it. You see...the blues are the roots for so many types of music, and there are a lot of young people performing the blues today. BB King is on his last tour...thank goodness that there ARE lots left.

Jack

Big Generator

Reaction score
Sasquatch said:
Too bad you don`t FEEL it...perhaps one day you will. After all, without blues there`d be no r & r...good luck to you.

Well, you never know...but I am pushing forty and am still not feeling it.

Big Generator

Reaction score
Although I did suddenly start feeling country music in 2003 when I watched the CMA Awards...

....well, the power-ballad/stadium country acts at least.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
Sasquatch said:
I`ve introduced a lot of people to this particular genre, and even my 21 year old daughter has become a fan. I don`t think it`s a responsibility to push the blues, but if I can get just one person to listen a bit, I believe the music will do the job. I know that I didn`t really get into it until I was about 25...and I was a classic rock only type then. Since my introduction to the blues, I`ve been led to a lot of other genres as well. I think we`ll see a steady, solid, blues scene for a long time to come. I hope so...and have no reason not to believe it. You see...the blues are the roots for so many types of music, and there are a lot of young people performing the blues today. BB King is on his last tour...thank goodness that there ARE lots left.

Jack

Nice post. The blues will continue to live in some form as long as vestiges of 20th century American vernacular music remain.

Spike

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online