Why I Love the 80's

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I'm like anybody else. I like songs that remind me of better times. I still like a lot of 80's stuff and always will. Still, I'd like to bring Jello Biafra to the discussion (regarding MTV) "They've finally figured out a way to make people watch commercials 24 hours a day"

now, I have fond memories of many annoying AM deejays so I understand if somebody actually has a kind word for the "classic" MTV "vee jays". Still, those people.. Martha Quinn, Mark Goodman etc... within nano seconds of them being on the screen, it was all I could do not to run screaming from the room. I'm one of those people who think MTV did more bad than good but I'm realistic enough to know my opinion doesn't really matter. good or bad, MTV changed things and it changed them for good.
I think the 'golden age of rock videos' was woefully brief.

Last edited:

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
You didn't like the original MTV VJs???

Oh well, J.J. Jackson was kind of scary looking and Nina Blackwood did have her moments of looking kind of psycho but I thought they were great. I guess I might be comparing them to the Adam Curry and Kennedy types that came after and quite frankly, they were just awful - IMO. Don't even get me started on the hosts after them. Heck, I don't even know who any of them are now. Then again I'm not a teenager or a twenty-something so it's not surprising. Besides, they're probably all like Ryan Seacrest and I'd rather watch J.J.Jackson than that PIA any day.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
he died not too long ago. He was one of our biggest FM deejays in L.A. for YEARS.
I guess I just don't like the format. People looking right at me and waving their hands at me. I just hate that.

well, unless it's Crazy Eddie!
crazy-eddie-ad1.jpg

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I think I heard about that... J.J. Jackson that is, not Crazy Eddie.

knivesout

(A.K.A. Googly Minotaur)
Reaction score
80's....like track such as

Depeche Mode - A Question Of Time / Just Can Get Enought /
Killing Joke - Adorations / Love Like Blood / Eighties (Come As You Are (Nirvana) have a sounds seemed with these song)
New Order - Perfect Kiss / Blue Monday / Bizarre Love Triangle
Cure - Push (great track)
Joy Division with ur himn "love will tear us apart"

neway.... exist a lot of trax.........

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I love Glam bands!

TESLA%20logo.gif

whitesnake_logo_300.jpg

motley_crue_logo.jpg

scorpions_logo.jpg

poison-logo.jpg

warrant_logo.jpg
QRST01_MED.jpg

def%20leppard%20logo%20only.jpg

I think you get the idea !!

F

FoxyPage

I watch MuchMusic all the time, not a lot of MTV. MuchMusic was the best back in the 80's and 90's. Now, it's total garbage. Just like MTV.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online