Why I Love the 80's

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I watch MuchMusic all the time, not a lot of MTV. MuchMusic was the best back in the 80's and 90's. Now, it's total garbage. Just like MTV.

I have never heard of MuchMusic. Is that a Canadian show?

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Yes, MuchMusic is Canadian - as is the additional MuchMoreMusic network. A witty friend of mine never mentioned MuchMusic without adding the prefix Too...!

:heheh:

F

FoxyPage

MuchMusic is a 24 hour music station, but, like MTV, it has a crapload of stupid shows on it now and it plays a lot of the same songs at least once an hour. It's so lame now, it used to be the kind of station that you could watch all day and never be bored.

MuchMoreMusic is more the 'Celine Dion' station. Whenever she has a new album, they her videos a zillion times over.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Like VH1......which is pretty lame too. Although I do like VH1 classics. But they have too many shows and not enough music.

F

FoxyPage

VH1 has some cool countdown shows but yeah, pretty much all the music stations pick up a lot of terrible shows. So many dramas....on a music station? I don't get it. MuchMusic plays the OC. I don't get what this has to do with music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Not a fan of any of these music shows,,,I simply roam the wide open seas of the net and find new music on my own.:pirate:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have to agree, LG. Some of the best music I discover is because of these forums. I like the way people describe the bands and music and post links to get an idea of what the band sounds like. Each decade from the 60's to present has music that is undiscovered for me to check out. :)

taha

Reaction score
for the guitars ! man some serious riffs came out of the 80's

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All the shows and movies dedicated to "teenage life". No other decade has made as many movies dedicated to teenagers than the 1980's.

Sixteen Candles
Pretty in Pink
The Breakfast Club
Porky's
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Weird Science
St. Elmo's Fire
The Outsiders
Adventures in Babysitting
Risky Business
Footloose
Teen Wolf