Who's objectively the best songwriter: (Kenny Loggins, Richard Marx, Brad Arnold)

Thomas Griffin

Reaction score
I'm working on this show and the episode we just released features these three performers and I'm curious to know who's more iconic and why?

nichodido

Reaction score
You seem to be taking popular artists from 3 decades in a row. Late 70's and throughout the 80's, Kenny Loggins had non-stop success- singing and writing a duet with the lead singer of Journey, Steve Perry (the song being Don't Fight It), and a duet with Stevie Nicks that would mark his first hit single, "Whenever I Call You 'Friend'". He also made countless, iconic, and unforgettable movie themes and songs that even kids of this generation know. His most recognizable songs are Footloose, Danger Zone, and I'm Alright (all 3 being major movie themes). He also had a time before his solo work, with Jimmy Messina (the duo being Loggins & Messina).

Richard Marx on the other hand, picked up where Loggins left off in the late 80's, with two major albums that impacted the Billboard Hot 100. Richard Marx had a slew of hits in the late 80's, his most popular to this date, being "Right Here Waiting". A mid-90'***** single "Now and Forever", which is most-likely his second biggest single.

I'm not too familiar with Brad Arnold, but I just looked him up and he did pick up where Richard Marx left off in the early 2000's. It appears that he was in a bad named 3 Doors Down (heard of them), and their biggest hits seem to be "Kryptonite", "Here Without You", and "When I'm Gone". I don't recall any of them.

The most iconic artist here is definitely Kenny Loggins. He has more recognizable songs than Marx and Arnold.

Thomas Griffin

Reaction score
You seem to be taking popular artists from 3 decades in a row. Late 70's and throughout the 80's, Kenny Loggins had non-stop success- singing and writing a duet with the lead singer of Journey, Steve Perry (the song being Don't Fight It), and a duet with Stevie Nicks that would mark his first hit single, "Whenever I Call You 'Friend'". He also made countless, iconic, and unforgettable movie themes and songs that even kids of this generation know. His most recognizable songs are Footloose, Danger Zone, and I'm Alright (all 3 being major movie themes). He also had a time before his solo work, with Jimmy Messina (the duo being Loggins & Messina).

Richard Marx on the other hand, picked up where Loggins left off in the late 80's, with two major albums that impacted the Billboard Hot 100. Richard Marx had a slew of hits in the late 80's, his most popular to this date, being "Right Here Waiting". A mid-90'***** single "Now and Forever", which is most-likely his second biggest single.

I'm not too familiar with Brad Arnold, but I just looked him up and he did pick up where Richard Marx left off in the early 2000's. It appears that he was in a bad named 3 Doors Down (heard of them), and their biggest hits seem to be "Kryptonite", "Here Without You", and "When I'm Gone". I don't recall any of them.

The most iconic artist here is definitely Kenny Loggins. He has more recognizable songs than Marx and Arnold.
Hey thanks for that. I think you summed it up well... I don't know much about their history, just that they're all on this tv episode performing together.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Members online