• No.. I like Posers...

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
50504_124636647561904_7099990_n.jpg

This is sorta a question of who owns the "right" to throw up the horns.

You all know or you should know that Dio was the guy who made the hand gesture Throwing up the horns famous. He said his grandmother did that to him so he started to use that gesture in his concert

So here I am watching the country music awards last night and I see the old horns being thrown up.
And now days you see the horns being thrown up all over the place for what ever reason suits it.

Here's the question to this poll...:heheh:

Do you think that rock music is the only type of music that really represents the need to throw up the horns and all other types of music Ie. rap, country hip hop funk etc are nothing more than posers and fans and artist should reframe from using this gesture???

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I voted yes since I feel that it is a rock originated symbol and other styles should come up with their own gestures. :heheh:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Although this hand gesture "the horns" has come to represent a sentiment of respect and support for metal/rock music, it has other meanings. Believe it or not, Dio didn't invent it...........he began using it as a superstitious means to ward off evil :D

In sign language, it means "I Love You". I think anyone in music has the right to say "I Love You" to their fans with this hand gesture.

I voted no.........and I dont think other genres of music that use the gesture are posers.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I voted no even though I disagree with such terms as posers. I don't think it is exclusive to any genre to use it personally.

@ Magic I didn't know it was sign language also for 'I Love You'. Heh, learn something new everyday.
In which case I see no problem with bands or artists of other genres using it.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"I love you" in sign language is a tad different...the thumb is not clasp over the fingers.........but it has become a sorta "slang" gesture in sign language for "I love you" ;)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol I probably threw that one up at concerts not knowing I was likely doing the signal you just described. I doubt they could tell the difference. I got one back from the singer of Morbid Angel once so I was happy.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Rather biased poll, innit? In order to say no you have to say you like posers. :heheh:

I don't really care who throws the horns. Don't think I've done it in years. I'd only do it for a very specific type of act (Slayer, Pantera), but that's just because I think it's a tad campy and would only be cool or applicable in a certain context. If for other people it just means rock hard or party on, and they want to throw it up at the Kenny Chesney concert or the Kelly Clarkson concert, that makes perfect sense to me. More power to them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online