Who Stayed Too Long? Who Didn't Stay Long Enough?

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
Lynyrd Skynyrd could counted as both, The original band was gone way too soon. And the current band needs to let it go if you ask me. As for bands that have stayed too long and soiled their legacy, well Kiss comes to mind, if they would've left after the so called farewell tour they would've been cool, but as of now they're a joke IMO.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Not long enough:

Tommy Bolin
Cry Of Love
The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies

And for what it's worth, I would have liked to see where Led Zeppelin took thier music in the 80's.

Last edited:

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Didn't Stay Around Long Enough:

Jim Morrison
Brian Jones
Alan Wilson
Jimi Hendrix

Stayed To Long?
Can't think of any really

Reaction score
too long,
micheal jackson, - even thoe its not really rock n roll but ya know..
clapton - well at least for new recordings, if he woulda just stopped in the early 80s

not long enough
mudcrutch - ya tom petty kicked some ass with the hearbreakers, but these guys just played so well together and it had like more of a fun feel to it
badfinger - didnt make enough music, they definately need more ha
hendrix - eh i dont like listenin to him much but he coulda done some cool shit
grateful dead - sure theyd been around for almost forty years before jerry died but still, well i should say the dead all together like wwith grateful not just the dead
eh theres a couple more i guess

I totally agree with this. Every teenager I know is as stuck in the past as I am...and that's saying something. This must be the first generation of young people who haven't had their 'own' music since teen culture began in the 1950s.

we are the first generation to not have our own music you know?? like the 90s even had there own but now theres tooo much of "everything" but it all sucks equally as bad, and i honestly think that we just need to hit a reset button on the music and well even on this country but thats another rant haha, but ya just need a reset button and to go back to the 20s and 30s and find some sick blues from people on the plantations and restart rock n roll, with the record companies run by musicians to make sure it doesnt happen again,

Last edited:

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
too long,
micheal jackson, - even thoe its not really rock n roll but ya know..
clapton - well at least for new recordings, if he woulda just stopped in the early 80s

not long enough
mudcrutch - ya tom petty kicked some ass with the hearbreakers, but these guys just played so well together and it had like more of a fun feel to it
badfinger - didnt make enough music, they definately need more ha
hendrix - eh i dont like listenin to him much but he coulda done some cool shit
grateful dead - sure theyd been around for almost forty years before jerry died but still, well i should say the dead all together like wwith grateful not just the dead
eh theres a couple more i guess

we are the first generation to not have our own music you know?? like the 90s even had there own but now theres tooo much of "everything" but it all sucks equally as bad, and i honestly think that we just need to hit a reset button on the music and well even on this country but thats another rant haha, but ya just need a reset button and to go back to the 20s and 30s and find some sick blues from people on the plantations and restart rock n roll, with the record companies run by musicians to make sure it doesnt happen again,

are you kidding me? you think clapton stayed to long?

and i agree, im trying to start a blues/rock n roll band heavily influenced by the rolling stones, zeppelin, doors, everyone from that time.

my job? slide guitar baby!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.