Who/Amazing Journey

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Has anyone seen a DVD set called "Amazing Journey:The Story of the Who"?A really comprehensive retrospective on one of the most important bands ever.Also,great special features,including manager Bill Curbishley's account of the tragedy at a 1979 concert in Cincinatti where eleven youths were trampled to death fighting for good seats as it was festival seating............

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Thoroughly comprehensive track record of the great British band's illustrious career from the origins at Sheppard's Bush outside London to the grand undertakings of rock masterpices like "Tommy" and "Quadrophenia" and,of course,"Who's Next",to their extraordinary performances at Woodstock and Monterey, to Keith Moon's fatal addictions.Done with great detail to not only the band and its members,but to the circumstances under which they formed their personal and musical values,going all the way back to the rationing of necessities that took place in post war Britain.A wonderful treat here are the fantastically engaging special features.I'm definitely NOT going to fill you in on ANY details,just so you may maximize your viewing pleasure.....

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I think I'd go with "Kids" because instead of merely being a really good but standard documentary like "Amazing Journey" it features non-audio commentary footage that in a fairly sizeable way presents a more intimate guide to how the band members related to each other and their audiences in each facet of their extraordinary career.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online