Whitford/ St.Holmes

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Whitford/ St.Holmes,,,greast combo

I have only heard "Sharpshooter" cos it's on the Aerosmith boxset,but I really like it. :grinthumb

taha

Reaction score

Wish they would've tried one more LP, both artists were at the top of their game back then.

Rocker440

Reaction score

I bought this vinyl album when it was first released. I was, and still am, a long time fan of both of these terrific guitarists! If I remember correctly, Derek St. Holmes mostly did the singing and Brad Whitford did the guitar playing, and extremely well at that, imo. I thoroughly enjoy this collaboration, the music and the songs! I also would've liked to hear another album, too. If this is the only collaboration of these two excellent songwriters, then I believe that this album is even more special! :tup: :tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This really was a good album, too bad they didn't hang in there for atleast one more release together.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
IMHO, I would have to say Derek was extremely hot during his time with Nugent.....Nugent and St. Holmes had a hot streak of 4 blazing albums in the mid to late 70's.

If I was to compare his work with Whitford to that with Nugent......hands down he was hot with Nugent.....no contest.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I got this album in the 90's when I spent a lot of $$ bolstering my CD collection (mostly with obscure classic rock). I thought it was a decent album albeit a bit generic. Maybe a flashy lead guitarist was in order as both had previously played second fiddle to Joe Perry and Uncle Ted.

taha

Reaction score
and they're talking again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,crossed fingers !!

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Derek St. Holmes is now fronting a band from Texas known as Blood of the Sun. Fans should look into BLOOD OF THE SUN ~ Death Ride. It's an awesome album.

Death Ride

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online