When Keith Richard Was Actually Good

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
I always thought Mick Taylor was the guitar player who made the Stones great at that point in their career. It was my favorite Stones era. Taylor was the best guitarist they had. Oh well...

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" is one of my favorites as well. Another winner from that album (that doesn't get the attention it deserves) is "Moonlight Mile".

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Reverend Rock said:
"Can't You Hear Me Knocking" is one of my favorites as well. Another winner from that album (that doesn't get the attention it deserves) is "Moonlight Mile".
Moonlight Mile is one of my favorites! I've always thought it was neglected.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Can't you hear me Knocking is a great tune, wish that Keith and the rest of the band still sounded that good!

JackInBox

Reaction score
What we are all saying; Sticky Fingers, the Stones peaked. They were as good as it gets

p.s: yes "exile-on-main-street', was very good, was it great ?

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Exile was very good. Not as good as Sticky Fingers, though. I think the Stones were great throughout the seventies. They lost me after they lost Mick Taylor...well, maybe not for a couple of more albums.

Big Generator

Reaction score
All true...although I must confess a soft spot for "Emotional Rescue". I've no idea why though...

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Love Mick Taylor's contribution to the band but the guitars also sound great on many songs of Tatoo You!
Some examples: The Intro to Little T & A (and the rest of the song!), Slave, and Start Me Up, (among others I have temporarily forgotten)
Slave is GREAT though, crank that one up as well as Little T &A!
Keef and Woody Rock, man....

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
Exile was very good. Not as good as Sticky Fingers, though.

In my opinion, the opposite is true. :) Sticky Fingers always struck me as a bit commercial, while Exile had a rougher edge that appealed to me. But both are great. IMHO, Beggars through Exile are all top quality -- one of the best four album runs in rock history. But I thought they went downhill fast with Goat's Head Soup.

Spike

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.