What's Your Pet Peevs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by Southern Comfort, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Southern Comfort

Southern Comfort Long Hair Tribe

I was listening to my local radio station this morn. and the subject for today is Pet Peevs..
    Maybe it's been on here before but if not sound off..
    What's yours????

One of my worst pet peevs has to do with since I moved here, I notice allot of people tailgate here.. You can be on a four lane highway in the right lane and they still think they are Nascar drivers trying to use your car to drift..
    And there is a real problem with people not using turn signals.
    To me, people in cars is just like some people on the internet. They piss people off just for fun because they think you can't do anything to them..

LostDecade and doswizard like this.
  2. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

My list of pet peeves is VERY long. Will have to come back to this when i have more time.

LostDecade and doswizard like this.
  3. Dave78

Dave78 Dave's not here, man

Robo calls.

Bad drivers.

Cigarette smoke.

My stupid neighbors who choose park in front of my house instead of parking in front of their own damn house. It's as if they have no respect for me as a neighbor, or concept of personal boundaries. So what do you think happened when I parked in front of their house to send them a message? They called parking enforcement to have my truck red tagged (which is a 72 hour notice to move it or else). So f them!

Also... people who prefer Van Hagar to the original.

Southern Comfort and doswizard like this.
  4. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Had a neighbor like that a few years back. Dude was a weird mo-fo. Living in a place by himself, one vehicle and a boat. He'd park his vehicle in front of our house. While we had 4 people living with us (thus 4 vehicles) and not enough room in the driveway/garage for all of them and I had to have a stern talking with him. "Well, that's where I've been parking for a while", well, park on the OTHER side of YOUR fucking driveway, and you can STILL park in the street! That wasn't how he was used to doing it, and either the guy was half dense (which was entirely possible) or he was half-asshole. Well, when it comes to dealing with assholes, you better pack a lunch buddy, I've got years of pent-up asshole ready to come bursting out when prodded.

:box:

While on the topic of dipshit neighbors, we just bought a new place and moved in a few weeks back. Love just about everything about it, except for one neighbor lets his dog out and that POS runs straight to our front yard to do his business (not just peeing, I could look past that), but that thing shits in our yard every single day. The people that lived in this place before us moved out a few months before we moved in, so the place was vacant. The neighbor just let their dog out and never cleaned up any of the shit. When we moved in, there were dog bombs all over the yard. We figured that they just let the dog go and didn't think about it since no one lived at our place. Now that we are there, they are still doing the same thing. Their house is also up for sale, and i was hoping to NOT have to go have a talk with him right before they sell and move out, but I'm getting mighty GD tired of it! So, one of these days, I'm going to pick up a bunch of shit in our yard (assuming we EVER get out from under the few feet of snow that we have) and I'm going to just drop them on his front door step. The wife talked to him about it a couple of weeks ago. They won't even acknowledge me, so I have nothing to lose.

:banghead:

Southern Comfort likes this.
  5. Trickster

Trickster Band aid

Guys who leave the toilet seat up.;)
    Jerks who take up 2 parking spaces.
    People who are mean to animals.
    Using speaker phones in public areas or at work.

6. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

As a guy, I 100% agree with this. HOWEVER, I also hate women who leave the LID up. Close both, every time. 'nuff said.

The amount of shit (literally and figuratively) that sprays up into the air every single time the toilet is flushed is beyond gross. Close the lid, your toothbrush and my bathtowel depend on it!

If you don't believe me, watch this:

3 minutes of your life to see just how gross it really is to leave that lid up.

7. Dave78

Dave78 Dave's not here, man

Lynch --

To keep dogs from using your yard as a bathroom, spray vinegar along the perimeter of your property. Dogs don't like it. Plus, vinegar will mask whatever scents have been left behind by other dogs. It's kind of a hassle, but it's worth it. After the scents along your property lines have been neutralized, there is another solution you can use to spray that is free. It's also kind of a hassle to make, but it's also well worth it. Dogs instinctively know what it is so they don't try to cover it up by leaving their own scent behind like do when they smell scents left behind by other dogs.

doswizard, Trickster and Lynch like this.
  8. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Unfortunately, we have a dog that uses the same yard. We pick up crap every time she goes.

However, you did give me an idea and that is to spray vinegar all down the section between their driveway and our driveway. Thanks for the tip.

doswizard and Dave78 like this.
  9. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Another HUGE pet peeve of mine... people that say some stupid bullshit when you ask them a question that they clearly do not know the answer to.

I have news for you, people of the world: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NOT KNOWING THE ANSWER TO SOMEONE's QUESTION!

It absolutely pisses me off when someone makes up an answer, or tries to muddle through a problem/question that was presented to them. This isn't high school or grade school. You won't be docked real-life points for not knowing somethign. Just say "I don't know" or if you really want to be honest, say "sorry mang, I have no fucking idea". That's cool. That's fine. Don't beat around the bush, don't him-and-haw, and worse yet, don't flat-out LIE thinking that somehow you get a pass for giving an answer, even though we all know that your answer is ridiculous. I have a couple of co-workers that do this shit and it drives me bonkers. Ask for help, admit you don't know, we teach you and then move on.

Along the same lines, people that will not ask a question when they don't know how to do something. Rather, they just sit and stare the problem as if it will magically just go away, or that somehow magically the proper decision will pop into their heads and they can then take care of the issue. Don't know how to do something?! ASK! People are so afraid of sounding or feeling stupid. Guess what genius, we are ALL dumb, uninformed or flat out clueless about more things than we actually know about. You could fill the Grand Canyon full of books that are filled with shit that you don't know. It's no big deal. Ask, learn, move on.

Oh yeah, and learning... make a mistake at work? no big deal. Learn how you could do it differently, or better and then move on. Next time it shouldn't happen, right?

Nope, not where I'm at. People make the same stupid ass mistakes on a daily basis and then shrug it off as "well, I guess i'm a creature of habit".

WHAT? you are a creature of BAD habits. Fix that shit, pronto! You know you made a bad decision because you made the same bad decision yesterday, last week and last month. You were told what you could have or should have done, you should take that info to improve yourself as a worker, not ignore it FFS!

doswizard likes this.
  10. Cozy 4ever

Cozy 4ever Member

Right now my peeve is the Drummerworld forum. That site is absolutely chock full of the most condescending, snide and arrogant sacks of shit since Reddit. Literally every single time I have ever posted there I have received nothing but smug snarky responses when I am acknowledged at all. It's no help that I am the only hard rock player there and the rest of them are all jazz players, mostly either Europeans, or if they are American then they went to school at Berklee. I fucking hate those types. If it's not the attitude trips, it's the relentless name dropping fests. Nobody gives a shit that your dad once whizzed in the very next urinal over from the one Elvin Jones once blasted on some snowy evening back in 1966 at the Blue Note, you pretentious douche.

Why do I keep posting there, am I a complete masochist? No, it's because it is still the best place to go for anything you could ever want to find out about technical exercises, gear reviews or how to build a vintage kit without getting swindled. It has its uses.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 at 9:08 PM
    Southern Comfort likes this.