1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's on TV right now?

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by Lola, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Lynch

Lynch Happiness is a chocolate chip cookie

I see what you mean about it being only 10 episodes... it does feel like it's dragging. Not because of slow development, but more like they felt like they needed to fill 13 episodes and just didn't have the story to fill it. I still have 2 episodes to go. Hopefully I'll get through those today or tomorrow.

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  2. Lynch

I did end up finishing Punisher this weekend. Overall, my thoughts are pretty much on par with yours, SDM. It's too bad we won't be seeing another season of it, unless Hulu or one of the other streaming networks picks it up. Of the Netflix Marvel series, I definitely liked Daredevil and Punsher the best.

Now, what to watch? Iron Fist S2?

3. Lynch

I put Iron Fist on the back burner. I decided that I needed to at least get partially caught up with House of Cards (on Netflix). I stopped watching at the end of S4. Around the time that S5 was released (or not long thereafter) was when the whole Kevin Spacey rapey allegations came out, so I kind of just figured I wouldn't support it. I assumed it would end after S5, but they did continue with production on S6 after severing ties with Spacey, althugh S6 is only 8 episodes.

Anyway, I decided to start up S5 and see how it goes. Still a slow-moving show. Still decent, but I'm not as drawn in as I used to be. On episode 7 right now, so just over halfway through it.

[​IMG]

4. Fever

Fever Senior Member

College basketball

5. Lynch

Finished Season 5 a couple of weeks back. Not a bad season, but probably the worst of the first 5 seasons.

When 5 finished, I started season 6. What a train wreck. I get that the network had to change around a LOT of shit after the Spacey problems, but I think they would have been better off just ending it at the end of Season 5 as it was originally written. S6 is awful. I watched 4 episodes and I don't think I can finish it. Terrible writing, REALLY terrible writing. The characters from previous seasons that were hateable are even more hateable (if that's possible). The interaction between the President and everyone else is ridiculous. Suddenly the whole thing feels much more like some affluent cocktail party between shittiest rich people on earth. Bleh.

I should have stopped watching after season 4 and never moved foward.

6. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

7. Lynch

Rewatching S8E5 of GoT. Final episode this Sunday. I will be out of town for a few days and don't know if I'll be able to see how they wrap up this trainwreck until I get back in the middle of next week.

[​IMG]

:hurry:

8. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I highly recommend this miniseries :

Cherno.jpg

9. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

Finished Chernobyl, which is absolutely amazing.

Watched the first episode of Swamp Thing, which was really good. Looking forward to episode 2 dropping today.

Watched episode one and two of Black Mirror season 5. Not up there among my all-time favourite episodes, but still good. Will watch the last episode, featuring Miley Cyrus, tonight.

Lynch likes this.
  10. Lynch

Decided to go back and revisit The Sopranos this week. Finished Season 1 this afternoon, now a couple of episodes into Season 2. Enjoying it so far. Haven't gone through this series for quite a few years.

upload_2019-6-14_23-13-41.png