Register to remove these ads

What's on TV right now?

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by Lola, Jan 22, 2012.

1. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

When are we going to get Better Call Saul season 4?
    It was originally supposed to be out this month. Now they are saying fall.

I still have to check out Narcos.
    I started it but feel off track.

The common thread that I like in shows seems to be "black humor".
    Breaking Bad, Deadwood, Justified.
    It's the full spectrum. Not just one note. All the way from humor to tragedy.

Swearing

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

^^ ^^

LOVED Deadwood, one of the coolest shows to ever hit the airwaves. It's too damn bad that we only got 3 seasons of it and even more disappointing that they didn't make the decision to cancel it until AFTER S3 had concluded/aired, so we didn't even get any sort of closure on the show. :(

Justified is also a hell of a show. I've only watched the first 4 seasons or so. I used to rent the discs on Netflix when I had a combo account (DVD + Streaming), but about 2 yrs ago, I decided that I wasn't getting my money's worth out of the discs anymore, so I only have streaming now. Unfortunately, they've never put Justified on their streaming catalog. I'd like to see the rest of it, but right now that doesn't seem to be an option.

3. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

I just finished Jessica Jones yesterday. Had 6 or 7 episodes, couldn't sleep so I plowed through all of them yesterday morning. Not a fan of season 2. Just about every character in the show is almost detestable now, other than JJ herself.

Started up Ozark after that. Got through 3 episodes so far. Not bad

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  4. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

They are making a Deadwood movie.
    Release date this year.
    Supposedly. It's a matter of getting everybody together at the same time.
    But they've all agreed.
    Not sure who they are going to get to fill in as Sy Tolliver now that Powers Boothe is dead.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/deadwood/272587/deadwood-movie-update

And HBO has now committed the financing to it.
    It's happening.
    https://news.avclub.com/hbo-is-getting-our-hopes-up-about-the-fucking-deadwood-1825132998

An extra from the DVD's

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  5. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  6. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Finished up Ozark a couple of weeks ago. Decent show. Not great, but definitely worth watching.

I was trying to figure out what I could dump from my Netflix queue, and came across The Following (with Kevin Bacon). I watched the first two seasons a couple of years back, but never did watch the third season.

So, I'm about halfway through season 3 right now. I can see why the show was canceled after this season. It's lost a lot of its luster from the first couple of seasons. Also, if the real FBI is as inept as the FBI is on this show, no wonder the intelligence community is a fuggin' mess in the U.S. *facepalm*.

[​IMG]

7. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  8. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Mad Dogs was also great and they cancelled it after 1 season. After setting up the drama for season 2.
    Pissed me off big time.
    But season 1 is still worth streaming.

On why they cancelled it
    http://www.comingsoon.net/article/features/881833-mad-dogs
    Season 1 ended with a strong hint that one of the characters was going into "business" with the CIA. The drug business that is. (as their friend had been who got killed). They never really knew how he go so rich and had a big mansion in Belize.
    And then season 2 got cancelled.

Quote:
    The executive producer of the show, Shawn Ryan, sent out 19 tweets explaining the decision not to do a second season of Mad Dogs. While we won’t delve too deeply into each of them, he said that Amazon and the production team behind the show had different ideas on what would be an appropriate story for season 2.

As a result, they couldn’t come to a mutual understanding on where to take the show. Rather than back down and accept what Ryan considered a watered-down story, the producers decided to end it while they still believed in the story. According to Ryan, this played into their original plan for the show. Despite the incredible reviews and enormous popularity, he simply didn’t want to ruin the show by taking it in an inappropriate direction.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  9. Frands

Frands Senior Member

Keeping Up Appearances

[​IMG]

Keeping Up Appearances was a great success in the UK, and also captured large audiences in the US, Canada, Australia, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Belgium, and the Netherlands. By February 2016, it had been sold nearly 1,000 times to overseas broadcasters, making it BBC Worldwide's most exported television programme. Domestically, it placed 12th in the Britain's Best Sitcom poll of 2004. It has been syndicated on Gold and Drama in the UK; on PBS in the United States; and on 7TWO in Australia.

10. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

Just finished binging Cobra Kai. When it was first announced, I feared the worst, but whoa, it's great. It's got just enough nostalgia to make it feel right, without becoming a cliché. On top of that, Ralph Macchio and especially William Zabka are outstanding. If you were a kid in the 80s and/ or loved the Karate Kid, definitely check this show out. It's only 10 episodes, each around 30 min.

Screen-Shot-2018-03-21-at-2.20.50-PM-1024x623.jpg