What was your first concert?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I know you are one of the few who even know who UK is Martin, at the time I never heard of them before the concert. The next time I was at the record shop I bought both their albums.

The Tull concert was amazing, to this day even though I've seen pyrotechnics/explosions/flamethrowers/laser light shows the singular greatest effect was Ian Anderson doing a flute solo by himself with a strobe light behind him.

A magical night all around.:cheers2

Cinder

Reaction score
Gary Numan 1980 London :D and also Manchester in the same year I believe - AMAZING!!! :D

Attachments

• gary numan.jpg
    gary numan.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 33

spudnuto

Reaction score
Deep Purple and Faces July 1971 Miami

Deep Purple were THE highlight of the nite. Ritchie Blackmore was awesome...stunning. Every concievable electric guitar noise known to mankind came out of the amps that night...and he had the chops also...in spades. Flash w/substance.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Status Quo Wembley Arena October 1999. And what an insane 13 years it's been since then.

Berserker

Reaction score
The Georgia Satellites

They rocked my socks off. It was an outside concert at night, don't remember the opener or even if there was one but the Satellites basically blew the place apart. It made a big impression on me.

I have only seen them one other time since and they were amazing, much better live than in the studio.

Rockperson

Reaction score
I would like to have seen Scorpions at around that time. I don't know much about Blackfoot, other than Ken Hensley left Uriah Heep to join them - which seemed a bit odd.

I still remember the show very well, they were great and Blackfoot were excellent too, this was before Ken Hensley had joined them.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Did you manage to secure a bottle Old Ent...:hm:

:heheh:

Jethro Tull for me, living in small town most of my life it wasn't until I moved to a big city that my concert resume got started.

Oh and John Wetton's perennially underrated band UK opened for them, I will never forget that night.:bow:

:D I was crushed up against one of the speakers so I couldn't move my arms, the security was a local bike chapter I bet they got most of the ale. If that Tull gig you were at was "Songs From The Wood" I lift a glass to you.:cheers2

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Jethro Tull for me, living in small town most of my life it wasn't until I moved to a big city that my concert resume got started.

Oh and John Wetton's perennially underrated band UK opened for them, I will never forget that night.:bow:

UK are one of those bands (like Nektar) that were ignored in their day, but get quite a bit of attention on the forums. Perhaps we need a UK thread here.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
KISS... Anaheim Stadium, CA August 20th, 1976. Won the tickets thru a radio station call in. Asked this much older gal since she was always nice to me. It was hot as hell, the show was loud, flashy and loads of fun.

...and she went on to become Miss January 1977. Yeeesh. :tongue:

Last edited:

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Metallica
1992 Allentown Fairgrounds, Allentown, PA

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member