What was Lennon thinking?

Manic Monkey

Skirt Herder
Reaction score
Lennon had some amazing solo albums. If you want to compare solo work heads-up between him and Paul I'll take John six days a week and twice on Sundays. Not to take anything away from McCartney, of course.

Guitartlp

Steal your face
Reaction score
Someone needed to take Maxwell's silver hammer and beat him upside the head with it! :oyea: I respect him for pushing the limits, but there's a fine line between music and sounds fighting eachother.

silverstar

Reaction score
I think John began to calm down in the 70s
he became calm and contemplative.
He began to simplify things, it was often him and the piano,
he was taped playing the piano and singing too, maybe in the end it
was the piano more than the guitar, that he wrote music with.
Perhaps the same is true of Paul too, maybe he composed a lot
at the piano...... just guessing !

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
:cheers2

I don't think theres ANYTHING wrong with love or songs about it..there's plenty of songs about evil..and hate too..I don't care to listen to that much ..But then again I'm a lover not a fighter :flirt

As for the question:

John was thinking..I'm going to see how far I can push the limits ...
thats what he did his entire life..he pushed his limits..it was who he was ..I don't care for everything he did ..but I respect him for trying to think outside the box...I expect nothing else from him

his solo era has some awesome things..and some crap..
BUT, so does Paulie ..Ringo..and George..sometimes they were spot on..sometimes not...

I like Johns mind..he was brilliant and he tried reach beyond what people were conditioned to..he sometimes failed to get there I admit..and Yoko isn't my favorite person in the world but I'll take her over Heather Mills arse ANYDAY !

Paul was /is more into the popular sides of music..nobody writes a lovelier love song like The Macca..but he wasn't much for self reflection or insight to things..he did a few things but they always sounded cutesy to me..

I think both Lennon and McCartney were experts in thier particular genre /style of music but they were humans and sometimes it was just horse crap :heheh:

Nobody is SPOT on every album they do ...

Terrific post Astrid and my thoughts exactly. :clap:

Double Fantasy is one of my favorite albums. We all lost a great artist the day John Lennon died.

silverstar

Reaction score
It was a bit weird though, he spent most of the 70s in
America , mainly New York.... not once in all that time did he
visit the UK, not even for a weekend
Lets face it, there were planes flying out of New York to UK every
single day.......... Concorde for eg
and somehow, I think John had the airfare back then
he could even have flown Concorde.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think it's well documented John wanted to cut ties with his old family completely and concentrate on his new life and living in the US was the natural place to do that.

John was a talented man, and had a grasp of things more important than himself, but that didn't mean he was a good father. I think if he had not died so tragically he might have set things right with everyone in his world. After all if he and Paul could patch things up then anything is possible.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Terrific post Astrid and my thoughts exactly. :clap:

Double Fantasy is one of my favorite albums. We all lost a great artist the day John Lennon died.

Thanks :) Spend lotsa time getting to know John through his music .art..books etc...

he was a complex person..and I think his music and life reflected it..warts and all ..:grinthumb

silverstar

Reaction score
After all if he and Paul could patch things up
end quote

but did they ever get back together ?
I remember a story of Paul going to see him and Yoko
with his guitar........ and John did nt let him in the house.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online