1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What video games do you play?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by rollingstoned, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Prime

Prime Daydreaming

Cannot wait for Battlefield 3! The 2nd one is amazing, i'm just curious to see what they'll do to make it better.

2. Kenthil

Kenthil Junior Member

They said much much much bigger maps (the largest we've seen) So hopefully it is more like Battlefield 1942 than the past battlefields (even though i loved them)

3. Prime

Prime Daydreaming

That'll be crazy! And that probably means bigger teams too. Which'll be pretty cool. :grinthumb

4. lady_barrett2112

lady_barrett2112 I ♥ the Ox

Well I'm and old school school fan, considering I grew up playing games on the NES, Genesis, SNES, etc. When it comes to new games, I'm a fan of RPGs and Survival Horror. My favorite game franchise is a tie between Silent Hill and Resident Evil.

5. Prime

Prime Daydreaming

I used to be a humongous fan of RPG's but i've taken time away from them ever since I spend countless hours on Fable II and Fable III. For games, those ones took a lot out of me and took a lot of hours to complete. It was crazy.

6. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

still no release date on Diablo III :)(), but finally with open beta having come out this month, we can see some actual game-play vids on the net.

Here's one that kinda shows the character selection process and two dudes playing co-op. Not fond of listening to their voices, but the game play looks pretty decent. HUGE upgrade since Diablo II.

Anyway, here's some gameplay vid...

Definitely looking forward to this. The Demon hunter has me most intriqued as a new playable class.

7. TheWhalerfan

TheWhalerfan Lovus My Avatarus

I was a huge game player until last fall when I decided I was spending way too much time on these things. Been playing hard since the 80's on the Commodore 64, then the PC bug hit and there went all my free time. Started out old skool and finished up with WoW last year. Game is way too addicting and I have friends who hardly leave the house anymore..these guys are 40..geez.

Anyhoo, some favorites of mine were:

Wolfenstein 3D - forget DOOM, this started the FPS off. Superb for its time
    DOOM - Ok, so it was a killer game
    Duke Nukem 3D - co-op was never so fun
    Chuck Yeager's Air Combat - in it's day was awesome
    Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe - George Lucas knows video games!
    Counterstrike - so much anger, yet so much fun
    Neverwinter Nights - addicting beyond belief
    Battlefield 1942 - everything I ever wanted in a game answered!
    Mafia - best ambience ever..finished it in record time..a MUST play
    World of Warcraft - sickeningly addicting, great game but way too easy for people to practically live in the thing.

8. Harkat

Harkat Senior Member

I'm still playing League of Legends.
    I created a new account in order to 'learn' how to play the game better and since then I have been aiming to get an ELO rating of 1300, which would be within the top 25% of all players.

9. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

Duke Nukem 3D was one of the greatest co-op games ever. It was also good for playing against your buddies. There were certain levels that were seemingly built perfectly for PVP (that wasn't the term used, but I can't recall what it was called).

I spent countless hours with a friend of mine playing that damn game. Sometimes, we'd go to his office on teh weekends and hook up a network game, othertimes just over dial-up.

Quake was good for that too, but nothign was ever better than DN3D. Quake was better for team play and doing some good old fashioned CTF.

10. TheWhalerfan

TheWhalerfan Lovus My Avatarus

^ Agree 150%