1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Video Game Are You Playing???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by Riff Raff, Nov 16, 2016.

1. SanguineRemedy

SanguineRemedy Bloody bliss!

Playing through FEAR 3 coop with a friend. The first two FEAR games are revolutionary, the first one truly affecting shooters let alone AI in gaming forever.

3 is not that good, but the coop is great

2. Lynch

Lynch I'm just here for the cookies!

This is one the best things that I've read all week.

Of course, it is Sunday morning at 7:00 a.m.. Lots of week left to go

:cool:

Seriously though common this is pretty accurate.

3nhtgvq2zta31.jpg

SanguineRemedy likes this.
  3. Lynch

Can relate to this, all too many times. :bonk:

upload_2019-8-17_22-49-51.png

4. SanguineRemedy

When I started playing WoW, back when I was like, 9... I stumbled across one of the most dangerous dungeon entrances in the game. Not so much the dungeon itself, which I can't recall on now, but you had to swim into an underwater cavern to get there. To do so, you had to make it past an ENORMOUS fish in the water. This thing would go immediately hostile if you got too close, and it was one of the most terrifying things I've ever encountered since it swam up through the dark. Needless to say, the ****er took my level 48 pally down in one attack.

Lynch likes this.
  5. Lynch

Yeah, WoW is the first thing that came to mind when I saw that pic. Sounds like you are describing the oldschool version of Sunken Temple (can't remember the real name of it, some crappy troll name). I hated EVERYTHING about that place. Getting to it, running it, etc.

6. GreysAndy

GreysAndy Junior Member

I like smth easy and light. One of my fav are top genesis games, they are so entertaining, I can play them for hours. And the best part is that I can some cash while playing. I'm fond og slot games!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  7. SanguineRemedy

Been grinding WoW Classic. My God, my nostalgia is off the charts. I've been having so much fun just levelling slowly. It's the classic feeling of adventuring all over again, what with all these damn players roaming. I swear though, I've waited on being able to get a hit in on this quest spawn for over 30 ****ing minutes, but hey, I signed up for this! It's nothing new to me. Been there, done that.

Made an Orc Warlock, just like before.

Lynch likes this.
  8. SanguineRemedy

Have you been grinding too, @Lynch ?

9. Lynch

Nope, I'm not even subbed right now. I was curious about it and some part of me wants to play it, but at the same time, there's a large part of me that wants to keep my nostalgia intact and NOT have it ruined by this non-vanilla version of the game.

I hated world PVP back then, but it was because I didn't start playing until 2006, when there were tons of L60's running around. Leveling and getting ganked over and over and over again by L60 dickbags while I was just out questing, or farming, or fishing... that was enough to make me jump ship from a PVP server to a PVE server the day that Burning Crusade came out, I never looked back.

I will say though, I was curious about world PVP for this due to what I would have hoped would have been a level playing field, everyone within a few levels of each other, etc. Then I read about "sharding" and how they were going to use that to deal with overpopulation in areas, which would completely remove the old-school element of world PVP.

Honestly, that was a huge turn off for me, which is weird for a guy that didn't care for it in the first place.

So... long answer longer... nope, haven't played 1 second of it.

I have seen many screenshots of areas where there are like 20-30 players standing around a single spawn spot trying to get that first shot in, or grab some item on teh ground and seeing plenty of chat bubbles with people saying "This is fucking BULLSHIT!"

That makes me laugh. I remember those days to some extent. One of those things that people with rose-tinted glasses didn't seem to remember.

That and much smaller bags, expensive-as-**** mounts, ground game until L40 and likely slow mounts for a long time at L60. Ammo stacks (and small ones at that). 200 rather than 2000. Needing ammo bags/pouches, needing bags specifically for soul shards, having to carry a ridiculous number of reagents for spells. Having to level lock picking in the worst ways possible again (ie: diving underwater in desolace looking for chests and begging in trade chat to open boxes). There's a LOT of crap that came with that game. In it's day, it was premier. Not so sure that i want to ruin my memories of what it was like.

Oh, and no blood elves and no paladins on the horde side. Meh. Loved my locks and my hunters, but I loved them more when TBC came out and almost all of my characters were blood elves (other than druids, then cows all the way). ;)

10. Lynch

Yep. 1000x yep! :banghead:

[​IMG]