1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Kind of Style Guitarist Are You?

Discussion in 'Musician's Corner' started by gregjohnson1229, May 25, 2010.

1. gregjohnson1229

gregjohnson1229 Senior Member

I have a style that is somewhere in between country and blues. I am very effecient with acoustic guitars as well as my Fender Partsocaster. I am a showman on stage and love to play bedhind my back. When i write my riffs though my focus is on melody. IMO melody is essential to music. Finally I love to use the tremelo bar.

2. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

I rarely play anymore. Haven't played much in the past 10 or so years but when i do, it's still typically hard rock or 80's metal that gets played. Even if I play older classic rock stuff like zeppelin or the Beatles, I still put some flair and distortion into it. It's just what I like.

3. Mr. Shadow

Mr. Shadow "Classic" Member

Classic Rock and Blues air style.

4. Abraxas

Abraxas Senior Member

My own experimental style on the lap steel.

5. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

I'm a rhythm guitarist really. For that I mostly stick in the first position or use variously placed power chords. Nothing fancy there really. When I'm not doing that though I tend to jump in and out of flamenco, classical, and pentatonic scales.

6. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

I'm a free for all Bass player.. That means I will learn anything from country to Metal and everything in between.
    As for a six string I can only play lead or singular notes since playing the Bass has gotten me in that habit.. It's hard for my fingers to play chords..

7. Džedaj

Džedaj Groovy as hell.

Hehe, similiar with me. I play bass too, but I tend to learn acoustic guitar this summer.

8. TheFeldster

TheFeldster Mr Kite

I occasionally throw in the odd solo on my guitar, but I generally stick to rhythm music, with basic chords as opposed to power chords. I venture into other territory when I'm feeling adventurous, but rhythm is what I really enjoy playing :D

9. JakeMM626

JakeMM626 Member

I like to mix Metal, Blues, Classic Rock, and recently some jazz techniques in solos, but rhythmically I've been focusing mostly on metal/hard rock riffs and licks.

10. flipflop

flipflop Prisoner of rock'n'roll

Almost exclusively acoustic - though I hope to play electric again this summer. Very Neil Young-esque, basically. His songs was the first I learned how to play and it's his songs I play the most.

AC/DC would be runner up. Rhythm is all I play, Neil and Malcolm my main inspiration.