What is your "go to" summer album?

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Interesting question!

If I can only pick one then it has to be Sleeps With Angels by Neil Young & Crazy Horse. That's the ultimate up all night chilling with some bottles on somebody's porch album.

But I've had different summer albums at different points in my life. Led Zeppelin III, LA Woman by The Doors, Not A Pretty Girl by Ani Difranco, Wildflowers by Tom Petty. I guess I tend to go more for a relaxed feel over a hard party atmosphere.

Spookyfoot

Reaction score
Kiss - Unmasked

I remember this album came out right at the beginning of summer and it was my go to album all summer playing it to death. Whenever I hear a track from Unmasked it always takes me back to the summer of 1980.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I remember being stationed in Germany in the late 80's /early 90's. I had just bought a used BMW and went cruising through the mountains on a summer day with this playing. The title track made the ride surreal. Since then it reminds me of a perfect summer day.

71YiSO9CekL__SL1500_.jpg

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
220px-TheByrdsHistoryOfTheByrds.jpg
Bit dated (even then), but remember listening to a tape of this out in the garden when i was supposed to be revising (O or A levels?) - i guess the warm sunny (druggy) California vibe helps.... Quite liked the later songs - Tiffany Queen and America's Great National Pastime

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online