What is your favorite band?

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
Generally (very generally) I can say that Led Zeppelin is my favorite band.

There are just so many that I listen to and enjoy that I have a real hard tome saying which is my fav. Actually, it seems I listen to solo artists more than bands.

Reaction score
one band is imposible;

bon_jovi.jpg

Bon Jovi

Toto800x600.jpg

Toto

1229826734225_f.jpg

Journey

37_photo.jpg

Dream Theater

Moore_82

Reaction score
Difficult to just pick one but my top 5 have been favorites since childhood.

Deep Purple.
Thin Lizzy.
Blue Cheer.
Rainbow (Dio era).
Metal Church.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I find this a very hard question to answer but it would be between these 5

Jimi Hendrix
Bob Dylan
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin

Wow! It's been 3.5 years since I wrote this and I can't believe how much I used to like Led Zeppelin. I no longer listen to any of their albums and the minute I hear Robert Plant's voice on the radio I switch off or over.

Reaction score
Wow! It's been 3.5 years since I wrote this and I can't believe how much I used to like Led Zeppelin. I no longer listen to any of their albums and the minute I hear Robert Plant's voice on the radio I switch off or over.

the tastes are changing constantly...

darklands

everything's broken, and my Stacys are soaking wet
Reaction score
Going for bands, rather than artists, makes this interesting (presume Springsteen & E St. Band don't count?) (what about Neil Young & Crazy Horse?) - OK, 'real' bands then - most listened to / most bootlegs:

Pink Floyd (Waters era)
UFO (Schenker & Chapman)
Genesis (as far as Abacab)
Rush (less enamoured after Moving Pictures - i know, it's an age thing!)
Pixies
Beatles

On the second tier, I'd have to also add; AC/DC, Doors, Eagles, Supertramp, Velvet Underground (Lou Reed), Jesus & Mary Chain & Tom Petty (what counts as a band / what doesn't?) (what about a band that only has one or two or the original members? (where do Fleetwood Mac stand? - what about Pink Floyd [only the name really...]?) (what about bands where there's clearly one or two prominent [songwriting] members?)

Pretty mainstream stuff here, but that's largely due to the longevity / output of the bands - there are plently of others, but just a couple of decent albums won't really get them onto an all-time favourites list (Guns n Roses). 'Favourite band' suggests some sort of longevity. [just removed Fleetwood Mac, cos, whilst they have the longevity, tbh I'd only count 3 or 4 of their albums (and they've been at least two different bands really)]

Like others have commented, I go through 'binges' - it's all one artist for a few days / weeks - then i move on. The above are, I guess, the ones i keep returning to.

I'll look for the best 'single' artist thread....!

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Pretty much the same over the years:
Not in any particular order of preference..but on the turntable most weeks.

Testament, Pink Floyd, Rush, Genesis, Rolling Stones, Iron Maiden, Mahogany Rush,The Small Faces, Gravy Train, Riot, Jethro Tull,Led Zeppelin, Yes and Uriah Heep.

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Lately I've been in a Fu Manchu phase. I completely immersed myself about three years ago. It had been ages since I got obsessed with a band. They were all I listened to for months. Thought I was too old for that shit but that's the power of rock and roll!!!

images.png

27186291348_a153b7bf9b_c.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.