What are your parents into?

Fisha

Reaction score
Umm, my mother was quite into 80's pop which has probably produced my distaste for it. Other than that she's quite knowlegable in 70's and 80's radio play music which has really been instrumental in developping my musical knowlege. In recent times I have imposed my musical tastes on her and she responds to a strange mix of songs actaully.

My dad is effectivally tone deaf and doesn't really listen to anything

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Church choir... adopted parents. Real mom? Dad died while my mom still carried me.
I have no issues with that She might still be alive, as she was only 15 years old.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mum listens to a lot of Finnish classical type music, also Elvis, Meat Loaf, Johnny Cash etc. I got her into Nightwish too lol also Ac/dc

Dad listens to Johnny Cash, a lot of country, bluegrass which I myself have enjoyed too, some good old blues, even Ac/dc.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Dad heavily into blues music and metal genre. Mum also blues a bit of folk and she listens mainly to 70's & 80's rock.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

1. Do you share any similarities when it comes to musical taste?

I certainly do! It was my parents that had a strong influence in my taste in music. My dad grew up in the 70s so he's a fan of hard rock and some prog rock. The artists and bands he loves include; Elton John, Kansas, Boston, Yes, Queen, ELP and many others. He's a huge fan of Alice Cooper and Frank Zappa since he was a teenager. He also listens to some hard rock acts from the 90s like Extreme, Queensryche and Megadeth. Lately he's been getting heavily into Dream Theater.

My mom is more of a fan of soft/pop rock from the 60s, 70s and 80s. She loves Billy Joel, Elton John, Linda Ronstadt, Joan Baez, Olivia Newton John, The Beatles, The Police and Sting just to name a few. She's also a pretty big fan of Jefferson Airplane and considers Grace Slick to be one of her idols. My mom loves to sing, therefore one of her favorite activities is karaoke. Her favorite song to sing when she karaokes is White Rabbit.

2. What are some artists you have introduced your parents to, or that they have introduced to you (but both ended up actually liking)?
I have my mom to thank for getting me into Split Enz. I have loved them since I was a little kid. I can't really think of any artist I got her into except maybe Tori Amos. My dad has had the strongest influence on my musical taste. Many of the artists I've been introduced to as a child I love. I have him to thank for getting me into ELP, Queen and Kansas. I kind of got my dad into Nine Inch Nails. He's not an NIN fan like me persay but he really likes the song Head Like a Hole and borrowed my copy of Pretty Hate Machine a few times. He'd also borrow my copy of White Zombie's Astro Creep 2000.

Needless to say my dad is quite proud of what I listen to. He says it puts a big smile on his face to hear that I love listening to the music that he's grown up with.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
My mom is a country music fan. :uh: I can only take it in small doses.

She calls the stuff I listen to "stoner music" :rolleyes:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online