Thread Closed What Are You Listening To? (No Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frands

Reaction score
Hmm... Seems like I have to dig that band. Bet it is a good one!
@Frands

Let me know what you think, my friend!

I was listening to the albums you posted with Battleroar yesterday. I'm very impressed and their music, style and sound just have the go I best like. I must say that their stuff is just perfect for me! Also I listened a bit to their album 'Codex Epicus' from 2018 and their self-titled album from 2003 and it is also great stuff! I have to add their stuff to my collection as soon as possible! Great stuff, SanguineRemedy!:bow::bow::bow::bow::):cheers:

E-Z

Reaction score
STEPPENWOLF LIVE yeah I enjoyed that last cd. The old US acid rock bands from the late 1960s are still the best.

Ok dudes the next one up is from the guys that invented HEAVY METAL none other than BLUE CHEER and VINCEBUS ERUPTUM

1:Summertime Blues 2:Rock Me Baby 3: Doctor Please 4:Out Of Focus 5: Parchment Farm 6:Second Time Around

"Southern California where the weather is always hot and the chicks are always HOTTER!." ;)

E-Z

Reaction score
I once had a CLOVEN HOOF cd about 7 or 8 years ago It may have been there debut album cos it was from the early 1980s anyway I think the band were from around the Birmingham area in England and were a late entry as part of the NWOBHM genre.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I once had a CLOVEN HOOF cd about 6 or 7 years ago I think they were from around Birmingham in England and were a late entry as part of the NWOBHM genre.

You are right. I have their self-titled debut and of course the album I just posted on vinyl and nothing else. I'm a huge fan of NWOBHM myself.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
You are right. I have their self-titled debut and of course the album I just posted on vinyl and nothing else. I'm a huge fan of NWOBHM myself.
Yeah me too. I lived through the NWOBHM thing (1979-1980s) which was exciting at the time if you was an 'old school' heavy rock fan with bands like IRON MAIDEN, ANGEL WHICH, SAXON, DEF LEPPARD, SAMSON, PRAYING MANTIS were breaking through plus a load of lesser known bands as well also established rock bands like RAINBOW, GILLAN & WHITESNAKE were getting into the British charts at that time and to top it off there was Tommy Vance and the Friday Night Rock Show between 10:00pm-12:00 midnight which gets a nod in the SAXON song Denim And Leather.

Slick Willie

Decisively Indecisive
Reaction score
Yeah your probably more correct calling GRAND FUNK RAILROAD at onetime America's most popular rock band rather than greatest rock band that's my sloppy writing Slick Willie.

Personally speaking I have heard all of 'the funks' 1970s albums and as good as they are they tend to have a slight soul/rock feel to them instead of a all out rock feel to them which is ok if you like the slightly more soulful element in rock music. My favourite Grand Funk album is the 1976 album GOOD SINGIN' GOOD PLAYIN' which was produced by Frank Zappa.

Cool, I'm more of a first four titles guy myself, find their albums get spotty as time moved forward.
That '76 album seems like a different band to me.

Reactions: E-Z
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.