Westboro church plans to protest george jones funeral

ANTHEM

Reaction score
There's a limit AND responsibility that comes with freedom and that's why we have laws. These people have over stepped the boundaries of good taste and have done nothing but harass people because they obviously are too irresponsible to handle freedom. Just because it says life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness doesn't give people the absolute freedom to go screw with people. They can't even act like real christians because the bible says judge the not..... These wacked out cult members need some serious help or a serious attitude adjustment.

Khor1255

Reaction score
We could say the same thing about virtually any group we don't agree with. And I agree they have overstepped any bounds of decency countless times. But this is the beauty of living in a free society, they are free to try to push their sad misinterpretation of God's Word and those teamsters were free to show up and offer a 'counterpoint'. The best thing about all of this is that we get undeniable evidence about what that group is all about that we might not know if their freedom of expression was squelched.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
This is how I see it. No, not every entertainer is righteous but that is their personal life and between them and their god. If anyone puts out any messages through their vocation of an entertainer that one may not agree with or thinks is harmful in any way to society then they have a right to picket an industry that puts it out or write their congressman and not do something tasteless and pointless like harass somebody who's already dead and family or friends.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Yeah, and in an ideal world that is what everyone would do. But we don't live in such a world and many times I have to see completely tasteless displays supposedly in favor of stuff I might even agree with. It is activism but since the 60s all measure of restraint and decency has largely went out the window with such displays. These days both sides use 'shock jock' type tactics everywhere they can get away with it because they know that is the guaranteed way to get their message out to the greatest number of people. You folks loudly decrying their tactics are exactly what they are aiming for.

Take a bow.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Enough with these people already. They make a mockery of the Bible and the 1st amendment.
Making a mockery of the Bible? Yes, I'd agree with that. They also give Christians everywhere a bad name.

I disagree with your last thought though, They do NOT make a mockery of our First Amendment rights. While I think they have piss-poor judgement (my own personal opinion), and I wish they had more class than to do this kind of shit at funerals ... especially at the funerals of our fallen military, but I do not begrudge them their first amendment rights to express their opinions in a peaceful manner.

is it poor taste? I think so, but it's a matter of opinion. They are just as entitled to spout their opinion as I am entitled to spout my own, either in agreeance or disagreeance.

Telling them that aren't allowed to say their peace only opens WAY too many of the wrong doors. Already, we have segments of our elected officials trying to take away Constitutional rights in the United States, we don't need more amendments pissed on.

Just my (civil) 2 cents worth.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
BTW: If you want to disarm these people, write to your major news stations around the country (or world) and ask them to quit broadcasting ANY news about this group of people. Their message, as negative as it may be, gets more power when it is broadcast to the widest audience possible. The TV and radio stations that even mention their name is giving them free advertising upon every breath they use when talking about them in the news.

again... JM2CW

bohohippybeatnic

Reaction score
I see these dicks are at it again. I wish something could be done about these ****s

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.