Westboro church plans to protest george jones funeral

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
Unfortunately the WBC has gained a reputation of doing this at funerals. Especially at soldier's funerals. It's sad, deluded and makes me pity the children that are being brainwashed by their own parents. Besides the point though.

I think it would be nice to see a some sort of celebration outside of his funeral where friends/musicians played his songs and protested their LOVE for this man. Guitars, amps, microphones, the whole bit. Drown out the hateful noise of this church, and protest in a non-violent way against their lack of empathy.

I don't know if anyone remembers when the Foo Fighters responded to their own WBC picket line::D

This was more humorous, but, sometimes individual's can't stand silent against hateful messages.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
They protested dio too and ozzy had a few words to say about it.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of George Jones, but find it distasteful for these "nutters" to disrupt the last rites of one of country music's biggest stars.

Free speech and right to peaceful assembly are very important rights so I guess there's no legal way to stop them from protesting at the funeral.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I had to google Westboro Baptist Church as I had never heard of it. It sounds more like a bitter and twisted, weird cult thing rather than an actual church :uh:

ANTHEM

Reaction score
^ It is. It's not really a church but a few family members and friends who decided to name themselves a church and have nothing better to do than judge and harass people. One of their slogans is...."thank god for dead american soldiers"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online