Westboro church plans to protest george jones funeral

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
These guys can't kill the spirit of George. Sticks and Stones and all that....publicitity is their main goal, and they have achieved it with this thread.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Phil's right though. The world pobably needs to stop talking about them period...the less attention they recieve the sooner they go away.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I don't know why those homophobic howl-at-the-moon wack-jobs still aren't behind bars for continually inciting hatred, which I had an idea was actually a crime?? In essence, the Westboro Baptists are no different from the Afghan Taliban, and probably ultimately the only way to finally shut them up would be to give them a dose of authentic Taliban-style swift-justice. The whole 'church' is actually about 20 people, they only gain publicity by their extreme neo-**** pronouncements, it's like a form of religion re-enacted by the cast of 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest', and actually incredibly ineffective as a recruitment tactic, because everybody who reads their stuff is so outraged that they immediately run off and become atheists. If they got their way every new born baby would have the Ten Commandments, and 'All Gays Are Devil Worshippers" tattoo'd on their bodies at birth. I think they were also intending to picket the funerals of victims of the Boston bombings, because apparently all Bostonians (or was it all marathon runners? ) are wicked sodomites, or something?

George Jones was a true artist and a legend, Westboro Baptists are just a bad comedy act, I may e-mail them and invite them to come and picket my kitchen the next time we invite my gay brother-in-law and his partner over for dinner, they can wash pots, and sing a few protest hymns, and serve dessert.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't think a small thread about them is going to make a difference, it's the news/social media/twitter/FB etc. that fuels them.

Even if we ignored them CNN and the paparazzi would continue to talk about it.

I don't know much about them to be honest except when someone posts stuff like this in the forum.

TheSound

Reaction score
Yeah, they are I know actually banned from entering the UK, and I would imagine many other countries, because of their inciting hatred against various minority groups and other religions.... but they are apparently quite at liberty to roam around the USA spreading as much homophobic racist intolerant hatred as they wish.

God Bless America.

:fapa

Khor1255

Reaction score
God bless America indeed. There is no point in religious freedom unless we also tolerate those we don't agree with.

TheSound

Reaction score
Well in that case genuine freedom has to also extent to also NOT tolerating those we don't agree with....which is what I am doing here. I'm actually on a bit of a 'Give Peace a Chance' bender today after I had two Joni Mitchell albums playing on my iPod when I went for my run this morning, so I'm not even going there with this argument....but thanks for trying anyway!!

Khor1255

Reaction score
Not trying to argue man. Just stating a simple fact. The minute you try to squelch someone's opinion it is you who is the oppressor.

That said, there is such a thing as common decency (and sense for that matter) which seems to be a foreign concept to both of the extreme sides of the political spectrum.

SloopJohnB

Reaction score
They threatened to picket the funerals of those killed in the Boston bombings, but they never showed up. The Boston Teamsters Union were ready as a human shield. The cowards met their match, and they knew it. But the threat was enough. That's how these jobless parasites make a living, if you want to call it that. It's all about $$$$, nothing else. They sue anyone who dares infringe on their right to be a$$hole$.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Staff online

Members online