1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were the Beatles just a boy band in the beginning?

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Foxhound, Aug 23, 2010.

Were the Beatles simply a boy band in 1964?

1. Yes, absolutely. Check out the screaming.

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. No. The fan base of the Beatles was much broader than young girls right from the start.

23 vote(s)
    92.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

:bdh:

Isn't this what I have been saying all along!

The term "boy band" was born in the 1990's...not the marketing.

I'm done, this thread is getting rediculous at the hands of its maker.

2. Astrid Kirchherr65

Astrid Kirchherr65 Classic 60's Chick

:)

3. LG

LG Fade To Black

:lmao:...that was quite a read I see I've missed out on the "Hair Splitting",,,and the "Hair Pulling etc." as well.:D

I simply cannot say the Beatles were a boy band, then again when I see the hordes of screaming teenage girls I can't help but see a correlation between what came later and how the managers tapped into that strategy.

I don't think the Beatles ever aspired to anything but making their own music, like DKW said, they had nothing to do with the frenzied fans taking their worship to extremes and as their later albums proved they were a Massive force in rock music, who's influence still reverberates to this day.

I have not voted yet...but I am leaning towards no they were not a boy band.(No right or wrong answer here either, it's all just fun to see how people feel about this subject, considering the term "Boy Band", is not a compliment any more than "Hair Metal Band".)

As for my canine friend..."Proto...short for Prototype to be the first in a sequence of inventions, simple enough. Troglodyte comes to mind, the short form would be "Troggy"...:oyea:

4. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

I've just been asked whether a proto-boy then is a girl with a strap-on....

:heheh:

And I would have had no problem with Magic's posts had she voted "Yes".

:D

5. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^I cannot answer the first question,,,I'll leave it to you to ferret an answer to that one.:grinthumb

I am still leaning towards voting no myself, so does that mean we are about to engage in a titanic battle of wills about this "Earthshaking" subject Fox?

:D

6. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

I already voted "No".

:mj:

7. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^That works for me...I'll be back tomorrow and vote myself.

8. DaKillerWolf

DaKillerWolf Cosmic Time Warp Warrior

You are trying to say an ADULT market was predominately buying these bands albums in the mid and late sixties !?!?!?

Only if you call people in their early twenties and few other older people an adult market ,even though the MASS majority of all those bands records were being bought by teens at the time .

Face it, rock & roll was being bought up by and marketed to TEENS and people in their early twenties in the sixties, and of course there were a few others that were growing a bit older at the time that were buying it as well .

The Beatles fan base was not much different then any of these other groups fan base at the time (and still isn't ) just BIGGER .

9. annie

annie metal maniac

You got that right.

10. Odysseus

Odysseus Kustom Kartilage

No. The music came first with the Beatles, individually and in their morphing bands. Brian Epstein certainly polished them up with a little presentation/show business/marketing for there initial success but it's all about the music with the four lads.:bow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.