1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were the Beatles just a boy band in the beginning?

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Foxhound, Aug 23, 2010.

Were the Beatles simply a boy band in 1964?

1. Yes, absolutely. Check out the screaming.

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. No. The fan base of the Beatles was much broader than young girls right from the start.

23 vote(s)
    92.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG

LG Fade To Black

^^Building the Perfect Beast" is an excellent record. I like it better than "The Long Road" myself.:grinthumb

I have to agree with Craig's fly by observation, other than some murky parameters it is difficult to separate rock from pop, not so much now but back in the early sixties it would be hard to do.

2. Groovy Man

Groovy Man I'm Not Like Everybody Else

LG, Sadly, Henley sold out, probably more than most, to the almighty buck...

He turned The Eagles into a money making machine.

Don needs to get back to the garden.

:heheh:

3. LG

LG Fade To Black

I don't know about that GM, I felt the Eagles changed when "Hotel California" was released I honestly like them more before Joe Walsh, and think his best work was in the James Gang and two of his solo albums are very good.

Henley was going through his cocaine phase back then, along with many other people if I remember correctly. I just like the way "...Beast" is put together and think the songs are stronger than the Long Run which is my least favorite Eagles record.

Back to the Fab Four, seeing they were playing gigs in a bar/nightclub in Germany when they started out, they seem like any normal rock band to me. As others have mentioned the managers and record executives must have smelled big money potential and we ended up with those...ridiculous screaming hyperventilating fainting teeny bopper girls at their concert appearances. I firmly believe that whole hysteria contributed to the demise of the band especially playing live shows, which kills almost any band.

4. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Thank you! Early 20's is not a teen market nor is it the tween market....

Problem solved by DKW> :D

Concert photos of the Beatles in 1964, just look at the kids and women!

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

I stand by the prototype "boy band" comment, If some of you dont like that comment, then y'all know what you can do:

:moon:

5. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

Prototype nothing. They were either a boy band or they were not. You cannot have it both ways.

:tongue:

6. ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb Unquestionable Presence

If you really want to get technical about it they were a prototype for being a boy band. Now they weren't one IMO, but there is no denying that they could be used as a prototype.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

They can't be a prototype for something that already existed. And boy bands existed well before the Beatles did.

:pirate:

8. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Foxhound, I logged in one more time to squash your trolling....

boy bands never existed until the 1990's......get a Life. Damn!

9. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

Oh Magic. So I think boy bands have been around for 50-100 years. You think they've been around since only the nineties. We can disagree all day. What's to get upset about?

:dunno:

BTW, personal attacks aren't allowed (just so you think I haven't gone all warm and fuzzy).

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.