We Are The Fallen (The Continuation of Evanescence and the Rise of Carly Smithson)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: We Are The Fallen (The Continuation of Evanescence and the Rise of Carly Smithson

Not that these guys are a cover band but they sure are ****ing good at them! I thought this was great and will be nice until the next album comes out! :grinthumb

Separate Ways (Journey Cover)

Mr. T

Reaction score
Re: We Are The Fallen (The Continuation of Evanescence and the Rise of Carly Smithson

Not that these guys are a cover band but they sure are ****ing good at them! I thought this was great and will be nice until the next album comes out! :grinthumb

Separate Ways (Journey Cover)

Well I have just caught this thread and this band's music is new to me so I'll try to evaluate them fairly but Sooty I gotta be honest... this cover of Journey was NOT the place for me start with them. Wow... just wow... cant tell ya how horrible I think this is. No offense intended... we all like different things but this is an abomination to me bro....

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Well I have just caught this thread and this band's music is new to me so I'll try to evaluate them fairly but Sooty I gotta be honest... this cover of Journey was NOT the place for me start with them. Wow... just wow... cant tell ya how horrible I think this is. No offense intended... we all like different things but this is an abomination to me bro....

No worries dude! :D:cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

WOW!! I like We Are The Fallen and was pretty impressed with their debut CD!! I also can't wait to hear what they will do on the second CD!

Now as far as the Journey cover?? I don't think it was bad at all! I think they did what a band is supposed to do with a cover...keep it true in spirit with the original and add your own spin on it at the same time. I think they accomplished this.

Don't get me wrong, I also like the original better but it's hardly an abomination. What I thought was a real abomination of the song was the video Journey actually made for this song originally. :oyea:

But I do like the nostalgic end of the original video so I'm not hatin'.

:cheers2

Mr. T

Reaction score

Didn't mean to sound like I was hatin' either but this cover just caught me so off guard I freaked lol. It's all good.. If we all agreed on everything it would be a really boring world. :cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Didn't mean to sound like I was hatin' either but this cover just caught me so off guard I freaked lol. It's all good.. If we all agreed on everything it would be a really boring world. :cheers2

^^ Most definitely bro! You gotta say what you feel!

I find checkin' out music to always be like a child with fresh eyes everytime.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Tunez, you are fine! You listened to it before judging which is the only criticism I personally have when judging music. :grinthumb You may be A HUUUUGE Journey fan and have a higher bar than me as I do like them but didn't grow up listening to them. You may hate the genre of the actual band and therefore hate the fusion of it into the song. It's all good. We all have our reasons! I liked the twist and I've always loved Carly's vocals so while it wasn't Gods gift to covers I thought it was kickass and it hit me when I came across it as someone who likes both bands might like! :cheers2

Mr. T

Reaction score

I think that tune's original vocal register is in concrete to me and a hard thing for me to work around lol. Anyway... back to the original topic and I'll give them a fair shot at what they do. :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I think that tune's original vocal register is in concrete to me and a hard thing for me to work around lol. Anyway... back to the original topic and I'll give them a fair shot at what they do. :grinthumb

Fair enough, I think once you get to know me you'll know that I don't mind taking some lumps over what I like! :D I'm easygoing and just another music fan such as yourself but I just tend to embrace a lot of stuff from the 90's on! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online